Chaos Project

RPG Maker => General Discussion => Topic started by: nerissya on February 26, 2008, 09:09:54 am

Title: GameOver screens. Which one to use?
Post by: nerissya on February 26, 2008, 09:09:54 am
Hello there. I need help. Ive done 3 Game Over screens but i can't choose.. =( Should i use this one:

Spoiler: ShowHide
(http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n185/robinhoe/RealmsOfDarknessGameOverScreen3.png)


This one:

Spoiler: ShowHide
(http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n185/robinhoe/RealmsOfDarknessGameOverScreen2.png)


Or this one?

Spoiler: ShowHide
(http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n185/robinhoe/RealmsOfDarknessGameOverScreen1.png)



If you think they are ugly, please, keep it to yourselves and tell me which one you think looks best.


Thank you! <3
Title: Re: GameOver screens. Which one to use?
Post by: Blizzard on February 26, 2008, 10:06:00 am
The second one. You should have made a poll, BTW. xD
Title: Re: GameOver screens. Which one to use?
Post by: nerissya on February 26, 2008, 10:16:30 am
The Second one? Got it. Lets see what the other people says... x)
Title: Re: GameOver screens. Which one to use?
Post by: Blizzard on February 26, 2008, 10:18:56 am
Yeah. I think the game's name shouldn't be in a game over screen except if it looks good from the point of design.
Title: Re: GameOver screens. Which one to use?
Post by: nerissya on February 26, 2008, 10:25:46 am
Okay then.. =)  I kind of agree with you. but anyway. =)
Title: Re: GameOver screens. Which one to use?
Post by: Sally on February 26, 2008, 10:28:07 am
2nd one!
Title: Re: GameOver screens. Which one to use?
Post by: legacyblade on February 26, 2008, 04:01:51 pm
meh, 2nd 1
Title: Re: GameOver screens. Which one to use?
Post by: Nortos on February 27, 2008, 12:01:57 am
2nd or if you want the name on it than 1st over 3rd
Title: Re: GameOver screens. Which one to use?
Post by: nerissya on February 27, 2008, 07:06:35 am
Heh, okay then.. =)  Did it look any good btw? you already know im not good at anything. ^^
Title: Re: GameOver screens. Which one to use?
Post by: Fantasist on February 27, 2008, 09:45:04 am
Quoteyou already know im not good at anything. ^^

No I don't, and I won't accept it. You know, if you're not good at anything, you'll at least be goot at NOTHING! (bad joke...)

Here's a surprise, when I saw the first pic, I thought "hey, looks nice"

My opinion: It's awesome as an image, but a door way with light ahead doesn't fit as a Game Over imo.
Title: Re: GameOver screens. Which one to use?
Post by: nerissya on February 27, 2008, 09:50:41 am
Its symbolic. You know, when you die. you see a "light". =) I thought you all knew... =)
Title: Re: GameOver screens. Which one to use?
Post by: Blizzard on February 27, 2008, 09:54:16 am
Actually I liked that effect a lot. I got it like "A man sits alone in a small cell, no escape, the light gets weaker and weaker... game over..."
Title: Re: GameOver screens. Which one to use?
Post by: Fantasist on February 27, 2008, 10:03:11 am
To me, it seemed as if a man, about to lose hope and die, finally finds light, a way out. Same thing as nerissya, but since I've been an athiest for a while, my mind din't catch it...
Title: Re: GameOver screens. Which one to use?
Post by: Quan on February 27, 2008, 02:51:45 pm
I, too, vote for 2!

If you want to go with one with a title, I'd recommend making the title text a little smaller.  Might look better from a design standpoint.

But wow, excellent game over imagery, no matter how you interpret it.  Sorta reminds me of Silent Hill.  You're better than you give yourself credit for, yo!
Title: Re: GameOver screens. Which one to use?
Post by: nerissya on February 27, 2008, 03:30:44 pm
Aaw thanks Quan. =)