Chaos Project

RPG Maker => RPG Maker Scripts => Topic started by: on December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm

Poll
Question: How do you think the problem should be handled? (please read post)
Option 1: Keep it how it is (no password needed) votes: 0
Option 2: Require own password (simple check) votes: 0
Option 3: Require them to make their own (guild) password (would require more coding) votes: 0
Title: Blizzard ruined it for me. =P
Post by: Feildmaster on March 23, 2010, 09:51:21 pm
Know what blizzard? Im just gonna release it how it is. =P

If you make it pointless later on... Fine. I'll just make some other addon.

Way to let an old friend down. ;) After spending 2 days writing the plugin. Bah.


Previous Message: ShowHide
Okay, here is the general idea of the plugin:
Guild Officers which can invite members, and expel (if you allow it, default is not-allowed)
Officers gets listed into the guild info
Only admin can assign/un-assign officers, and can /expel officers (if enabled)

What I want you opinion on is how to work /expel

At the moment there is a password protection on /gremove (user) (guildpass)

But I do not have a password set for /expel, it removes the use completely. (which is while its default allowed)

How do you think it should be handled?
1- Keep it how it is (no password needed)
2- Require them to put their own password (simple check)
3- Require them to make their own (guild) password (would require more coding)


Original Message: ShowHide
EDIT IN: I guess this was also in the wrong area huh? Well... Keep it open, and I'll make it have the actual plugin scripts in it.

I'm making a new plugin where you can have guild officers, that can invite/expel... and all that joy.

Here are the scripts:
RMXP Script (http://feildmaser.com/scripts/Officer-XP-script.txt)
RB Script (http://feildmaser.com/scripts/Officer-rb.txt)

For example purposes, Lets say user 'test' is an officer

What it is intended to do:
1- Input guildofficers (on client) when you connect to server/join guild (Works)
2- Add the following commands
/invite :: Officers code to invite members (Works)
/expel :: Officers code to expel members (Works)
/junior :: Make member officer (Works)
/demote :: Remove officer (Works)
/officers :: displays officers (Works)

It does not properly send/read the data. I can't tell why. I know the what, i need he why.
The why was... ' (single quotes) instead of " (double quotes) for most of the errors. Wow im a noob. ;)

Anything you can find, I will give credit to. All taken care of. ^^
-Feildmaster

PS: I realize there are a few things not used. I halted production until I could get the current bugs out
EDIT:
I edited it to be cleaner... And what not.

PPS:I guess I didn't need help after all...
This was a good... Oh... Two days of coding my first plugin. (Will repost the final (working) plugin soon)
Title: Re: [XP] Guild Officer RMXOS Plugin (opinion wanted)
Post by: Feildmaster on March 24, 2010, 04:44:34 am
Posted to... notify the (~10) people that have read it, that the topic has changed.
Title: Re: [XP] Guild Officer RMXOS Plugin (opinion wanted)
Post by: Blizzard on March 24, 2010, 07:55:23 am
*looks fors option that the plugin is actually pointless"
Title: Re: [XP] Guild Officer RMXOS Plugin (opinion wanted)
Post by: Feildmaster on March 24, 2010, 08:31:47 am
Pointless?

Don't tell me you actually are making it into your engine~

>.>

Its not pointless to have "juniors" that can invite! >.>
Title: Re: Blizzard ruined it for me. =P
Post by: Blizzard on March 24, 2010, 08:54:27 am
I just don't see the point why internal guild organizations should be part of the game engine.