Chaos Project

General => Chat => Topic started by: Jek on March 27, 2010, 01:00:27 am

Title: Glaucus atlanticus
Post by: Jek on March 27, 2010, 01:00:27 am
Spoiler: ShowHide
(http://worshipriot.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/dragon-slug.jpg)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glaucus_atlanticus
Title: Re: Glaucus atlanticus
Post by: Starrodkirby86 on March 27, 2010, 01:04:02 am
Ladies and gentlemen...

We have a new Pokemon. v:




Let's have it as a pet, or maybe even Chaos-Project's mascot.
Title: Re: Glaucus atlanticus
Post by: winkio on March 27, 2010, 01:08:08 am
It's funny how easily this could have blended in to Avatar.
Title: Re: Glaucus atlanticus
Post by: Spaceman McConaughey on March 27, 2010, 08:56:55 am
That looks like damn good BBQ. :)
Title: Re: Glaucus atlanticus
Post by: Aqua on March 27, 2010, 09:02:02 am
Quote from: Trainer Branden on March 27, 2010, 08:56:55 am
That looks like damn good BBQ. :)

Good...
I wasn't the only one who thought this poisonous thing looked tasty XP
Title: Re: Glaucus atlanticus
Post by: (Hexamin) on March 27, 2010, 09:19:28 am
I was disappointed when I found out how small it is... I was hoping it was like 12 feet long and glided through the air.
Title: Re: Glaucus atlanticus
Post by: Blizzard on March 27, 2010, 10:09:10 am
Yeah, 5 cm - 8 cm is really small. :/

Quote from: Starrodkirby86 on March 27, 2010, 01:04:02 am
We have a new Pokemon. v:


Believe it or not, I thought the same thing. Something like "HOLY SHIT, POKEMON ARE REAL".
Title: Re: Glaucus atlanticus
Post by: Diokatsu on March 27, 2010, 11:39:04 am
Cool story, bro.
Title: Re: Glaucus atlanticus
Post by: (Hexamin) on March 27, 2010, 11:42:28 am
I wonder if I can consume it bit by bit to build an immunity to those venoms/poisons that it collects.

Mmmm.... yum.
Title: Re: Glaucus atlanticus
Post by: GrieverSoft on March 27, 2010, 06:16:50 pm
Nematocysts might get it stuck in your throat.  That would suck...
Title: Re: Glaucus atlanticus
Post by: WhiteRose on March 27, 2010, 06:18:00 pm
Quote from: (Hexamin) on March 27, 2010, 11:42:28 am
I wonder if I can consume it bit by bit to build an immunity to those venoms/poisons that it collects.

Mmmm.... yum.


Then you can poison both cups.
Title: Re: Glaucus atlanticus
Post by: (Hexamin) on March 27, 2010, 06:20:19 pm
AHHHHHHHHHHH!

*LEVELS WHITEROSE UP!*

You rock for that reference.
Title: Re: Glaucus atlanticus
Post by: Jek on March 28, 2010, 12:44:02 am
What this thing does is it consumes the poisons of other underwater creatures for self defense. So, you can't build an immunity to its poison.

The wiki page also says they are all hermaphrodites but still need another to reproduce. Then they both lay eggs.
Title: Re: Glaucus atlanticus
Post by: Tyril132 on April 01, 2010, 02:06:37 am
QuoteThen you can poison both cups.



HA. /comicrimshot

I just watched that movie like two days ago.  :^_^':