Chaos Project

General => Chat => Express your Creativity => Topic started by: Quan on February 27, 2008, 04:45:16 pm

Title: A tribute to classic RPG soundtracks.
Post by: Quan on February 27, 2008, 04:45:16 pm
Hey everyone, I just wanted to post a link to a new project I'm working on with my friend Omar (Dolom Zero), who's an electronic producer from Spain.  It's called Melodic Saga, and it's kind of a conceptual tribute to SNES/PSX era RPG music -- specifically the works of Nobuo Uematsu and Yasunori Mitsuda.  As a general rule, I handle programming drums and percussion -- kind of my forte -- and Omar composes, but we trade off a fair amount too.

We only have the one track up on our MySpace at this very moment, but I'm going to be putting a few more up later tonight:

http://myspace.com/melodicsaga (http://myspace.com/melodicsaga)

You can also check out a demo of the "closing credits" song here, although admittedly I think it's our least authentic song:

http://www.docquan.com/audio/creditroll.mp3 (http://www.docquan.com/audio/creditroll.mp3)

Anyway, like it, hate it, take it, leave it...  however you feel, your feedback is appreciated.  Hope you dig!
Title: Re: A tribute to classic RPG soundtracks.
Post by: Starrodkirby86 on February 27, 2008, 07:21:21 pm
Somehow, the sudden instrument stops for Triumph and Loss sound to me like the song has been reversed, even though the song is not. I'm sure there were fade outs rather than stops, but who knows. However, when the rest of the instruments come in, it really makes it have a tribal soothing tone, it's extremely nice.

---

If you were to be serious in making a full out project, the music department is going to be something pretty...astronomical.
Title: Re: A tribute to classic RPG soundtracks.
Post by: nerissya on February 28, 2008, 06:38:34 am
Yeah, when the music stop and start again all the time, it doesn't sound good to me. Other than that i kind of like the song. =)
Title: Re: A tribute to classic RPG soundtracks.
Post by: Quan on February 28, 2008, 10:47:35 pm
Put up The Frozen North, that's my favorite track thus far.  Reminds me of Final Fantasy XI.  Check it out.
Title: Re: A tribute to classic RPG soundtracks.
Post by: Starrodkirby86 on February 28, 2008, 10:56:09 pm
Frozen North has a very clean and gentle ambiance to it, a little soothing at best, with the SNES sounding twinkle instruments making a nice sound to get the listener less sleepy. I liked it better than Triumph and Loss, I'll tell you that. Once more, you should be having some musical resource thing...if you haven't at least.