Chaos Project

RPG Maker => General Discussion => Troubleshooting / Help => Topic started by: Wizered67 on April 05, 2010, 11:28:51 pm

Title: [RESOLVED]: Error on only one map?
Post by: Wizered67 on April 05, 2010, 11:28:51 pm
hi, its me Wizered67, the guy that seems to have the worst luck ever....  >:(

I'm using XP and I get a error whenever I go to just this one map. The error is
QuoteNo method error occured while running script.
undefined method 'name' for nil:NilClass


I don't think I even do anything special with scripts on this map....

The scripts I am using are (in this order)

Spoiler: ShowHide
Default Scripts
Gameover script by Jackolas
Tons of Addons
RMX-OS Options
RMX-OS script
Global switches and variables for RMX-OS
ATES
ATES RMX-OS Pluggin
Mouse Controller
RMX-OS Main


Any help would be greatly aprecciated....

edit: There are definitely no script event commands....
edit 2: unfortunately, this doesnt seem to be a common event issue either....
Title: Re: Error on only one map?
Post by: Aqua on April 05, 2010, 11:37:12 pm
Check your events in that map for script commands.
Title: Re: Error on only one map?
Post by: WhiteRose on April 06, 2010, 12:08:52 am
Perhaps somewhere on the map you turn on a switch that activates a common event that is having the problem.
Title: Re: Error on only one map?
Post by: Wizered67 on April 06, 2010, 11:13:01 am
Finally,I decided to just remake the map and it worked! I don't know what I really did differently though...
Title: Re: [RESOLVED]: Error on only one map?
Post by: Lobstrosity on June 07, 2010, 06:35:04 am
I have that same problem, whenever I try to create a new map and test it, that message appears. But when I copy it, then delete the original it works.
Title: Re: [RESOLVED]: Error on only one map?
Post by: Wizered67 on June 07, 2010, 10:59:51 am
I think the problem I had was that I accidentaly had a script event that I messed up on. However, I didn't think it was that because I still got the error when I set it to action button, but I really didn't. I hope you can get rid if yoiur error like mine. Best of luck.
Title: Re: [RESOLVED]: Error on only one map?
Post by: Lobstrosity on June 08, 2010, 02:37:00 am
Yea thanks. But its strange because even if I don't have a single event on a new map, the same thing happens.  :???: I guess I'll just have to get used to it, all I have to do is copy the map, and delete the original to get it to work!
Title: Re: [RESOLVED]: Error on only one map?
Post by: SBR* on June 08, 2010, 12:34:10 pm
Maybe your data folder is messed up? Do you have a back-up of your game?
Title: Re: [RESOLVED]: Error on only one map?
Post by: Lobstrosity on June 08, 2010, 05:52:00 pm
I don't know if I have a backup. But for one thing, I have to re-download it for Vista, once I've done that I'll take a look at it.