Chaos Project

RPG Maker => RPG Maker Scripts => Script Requests => Topic started by: Aqua on March 03, 2008, 05:41:50 pm

Title: [RESOLVED] Fog With Area of No Fog?
Post by: Aqua on March 03, 2008, 05:41:50 pm
Not sure if this is the right place for this but...

Is there a way to make it so that when using fog, there's an area around the player that is not foggy???

This: ShowHide
(http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n296/TerreAqua/RPGXP/Help/Fog-Before.gif)


To this: ShowHide
(http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n296/TerreAqua/RPGXP/Help/Fog-After.gif)

Image made with Photoshop


The scripts I currently use are:
Double Fogs by Daniel3579
Nortos' 3-Man CMS
Blizz's Tons of Add-ons
Blizz-ABS

Thanks! :D
Title: Re: [Request] Fog With Area of No Fog?
Post by: Nortos on March 04, 2008, 12:18:59 am
:P my 3 man CMS, but anyway I think there is a way I've seen it in mode 7's I'll have a look into it for you than reply
Title: Re: [Request] Fog With Area of No Fog?
Post by: Fantasist on March 04, 2008, 07:03:44 am
You mean the fogs for maps in the database? I don't think there is a way, but I could be wrong.
Title: Re: [Request] Fog With Area of No Fog?
Post by: Blizzard on March 04, 2008, 08:50:23 am
You have two possibilities:

1. You use a special script, I think there is one at rmxp.org.
2. Use events. You can use a black image that has a hole and display it. Use a parallel process to store the player's X and Y on the screen and use them to move the image in the right position. It's easy to make.
Title: Re: [Request] Fog With Area of No Fog?
Post by: Fantasist on March 04, 2008, 01:31:11 pm
Considering the fog doesn't move. What you're saying is an extension of Show PPicture' and 'Move Picture', right? Wait, it's not even an extension. If the fog doesn't scroll, it can be a complete event-based system.

PS: Nice userbar for CP Bliz :) But I think you should make a more flashy one :o
Title: Re: [Request] Fog With Area of No Fog?
Post by: Aqua on March 04, 2008, 04:59:41 pm
Actually the fogs do scroll.

However, I'll try out what Blizz suggested and get back to everyone...
Title: Re: [Request] Fog With Area of No Fog?
Post by: Aqua on March 04, 2008, 11:29:25 pm
Okay so I did what Blizz said so now I got what I want (with 3 fogs :P [2 from script, 1 from pic]) but...

The picture doesn't wanna move with my character... help? lol

Edit:
The picture only seems to update when I pick up an item that drops from a monster and I can only pick it up if I press the confirm key when I have Pick-Up on Touch on...  Anyone know how to fix this?
(Using Blizz-ABS)