Chaos Project

RPG Maker => RPG Maker Scripts => Script Requests => Topic started by: Tigurus on June 16, 2010, 09:19:00 am

Title: Random Damage Script
Post by: Tigurus on June 16, 2010, 09:19:00 am
Heyhey Everyone,

I'm in need of a script which deals random damage.
But that it is easily costumizable in the script.

Also, If you can say between which number the Damage must be.
This for Classes and skills alike.
For example, When Class 5 (Thief) uses Attack, Damage will be between 400 to 500
Or, When using Skill 11 (Impulse Grenade) damage will be between 100 to 1000

Is there someone who can help me with this or knows of such a random script?

~Tigurus
Title: Re: Random Damage Script
Post by: Blizzard on June 16, 2010, 10:02:32 am
If you want a skill to always deal something like 200-300 damage, simply set up the parameters for the skill properly. 200-300 would be power 250 with a variance of 20%. It's that simple.
Title: Re: Random Damage Script
Post by: Tigurus on June 16, 2010, 04:03:59 pm
That sounds easy hmm...
And if I want to make the gap bigger? Like 200 to 1000 damage?
What do I need to change then? The variance?
Title: Re: Random Damage Script
Post by: WhiteRose on June 16, 2010, 04:05:12 pm
Quote from: Tigurus on June 16, 2010, 04:03:59 pm
That sounds easy hmm...
And if I want to make the gap bigger? Like 200 to 1000 damage?
What do I need to change then? The variance?

Yes. The larger the variance, the larger the range of possible damage.
Title: Re: Random Damage Script
Post by: Blizzard on June 16, 2010, 05:07:32 pm
200-1000 would be power of 600 and variance of 67%. Just do the math.
Title: Re: Random Damage Script
Post by: Tigurus on June 17, 2010, 09:34:47 am
Aahh Alright

*Does some math*
*Dies*

Thanks for the Help =D
I will experiment with it some more ^_^

*Huggles*