Chaos Project

RPG Maker => Event Systems => Event System Requests => Topic started by: lonely_cubone on June 16, 2010, 08:23:55 pm

Title: Terrain Tag at a Position
Post by: lonely_cubone on June 16, 2010, 08:23:55 pm
Is it possible to check the terrain tag at a specific position (using co-ordinates from 2 variables), and store it in a variable, instead of checking for the tag at a specific event? For example, I want to find the terrain tag at 12, 9. There isn't an event there. Is it possible, perhaps with a code snippet, to check the tag without putting an event in that spot? I know this isn't really a system, but I figured this would still be the right place for it. :P
Title: Re: Terrain Tag at a Position
Post by: Event Master on August 27, 2010, 03:37:28 pm
Well, using terrain_tag(x, y) from Game_Map line 299 MIGHT work, but you have to specify.
So I think that $game_variables = terrain_tag(x, y) should be what you're looking for, but I haven't tested it, and never used it,
and made this on the fly, so I'm not sure if it will work.
Title: Re: Terrain Tag at a Position
Post by: nathmatt on August 27, 2010, 03:40:22 pm
yea
$game_variables[id] = $game_map.terrain_tag(x, y)