Chaos Project

RPG Maker => RPG Maker Scripts => Script Troubleshooting => Topic started by: bboyd93 on June 23, 2010, 07:55:44 pm

Title: Need some quick help with Blizz ABS. . . [RESOLVED]
Post by: bboyd93 on June 23, 2010, 07:55:44 pm
I'm fairly new to RMXP, and VERY new to the site, so excuse me if I come off as a newbie. . .  It's just because I am :P

My problem however doesn't necessarily lie in the ABS, it's just the HUD I have trouble with.  And I know nothing about scripting really.  

The HUD is showing up at the intro, and I don't want that happening.  

Is there a script I can use to either disable the HUD, or call it at my will?  

Any help for this new guy would be GREATLY appreciated.
Title: Re: Need some quick help with Blizz ABS. . .
Post by: winkio on June 23, 2010, 08:03:19 pm
below Blizz-ABS:


class Game_System
  alias init_blizzabs_hud_early initialize
  def initialize
    init_blizzabs_hud_early
    @hud = false
  end
end

Title: Re: Need some quick help with Blizz ABS. . .
Post by: Wizered67 on June 23, 2010, 08:05:01 pm
Couldn't you just do this
$game_system.hud = true/false
Title: Re: Need some quick help with Blizz ABS. . .
Post by: bboyd93 on June 23, 2010, 08:25:18 pm
Thank you both for the quick reply.  I will probably use both of these through out the game.  

Thanks again!

Worked like a charm! 

Title: Re: Need some quick help with Blizz ABS. . . (Resolved)
Post by: winkio on June 23, 2010, 08:29:09 pm
@Wizered: that is the general solution, but it can cause some timing issues in special cases.
Title: Re: Need some quick help with Blizz ABS. . . (Resolved)
Post by: bboyd93 on June 23, 2010, 09:10:57 pm
Quote from: winkio on June 23, 2010, 08:29:09 pm
@Wizered: that is the general solution, but it can cause some timing issues in special cases.


As it did in mine. 

I knew about the    $game_system.hud    input from taking a look at Sir Lag a Lot.   

But it's still great to see a helpful community.