Chaos Project

RPG Maker => Event Systems => Event System Requests => Topic started by: DarkCaedus on July 05, 2010, 07:10:51 pm

Title: [RESOLVED] Cutscene and monster killing mission help
Post by: DarkCaedus on July 05, 2010, 07:10:51 pm
I have two questions that I think are easily answered and doable with events.

First, I need to know how to create a cutscene with two characters walking side by side with each other.

Second, I need to know how to make it so that every time you defeat a certain type of monster, it adds to a variable. This would be for use in a "kill x number of y monster" mission if that is at all helpful.

Thank you very much for any help that you can offer!
Title: Re: Cutscene and monster killing mission help
Post by: WhiteRose on July 05, 2010, 07:14:38 pm
For the first one, just use the "Set Move Route" command, coupled with the "Wait for Move's completion." If you want dialogue during the scene as well, however, you're going to have to use Ccoa's UMS and create a map long enough to last for the duration of the scene.

For your second request, I'll assume you're using the DBS. What you're going to have to do is to add an event page to every battle in which that monster is present, and have it add one to the variable when that monster is killed.
Title: Re: Cutscene and monster killing mission help
Post by: DarkCaedus on July 05, 2010, 07:20:44 pm
Quote from: WhiteRose on July 05, 2010, 07:14:38 pm
For the first one, just use the "Set Move Route" command, coupled with the "Wait for Move's completion." If you want dialogue during the scene as well, however, you're going to have to use Ccoa's UMS and create a map long enough to last for the duration of the scene.

For your second request, I'll assume you're using the DBS. What you're going to have to do is to add an event page to every battle in which that monster is present, and have it add one to the variable when that monster is killed.
Thank you for your response.

So if I were to set up both move commands with no switches and set them on parallel, they would both move at the same time?

In order to do that, would I set the condition to "Enemy HP 0 or below", and what would I need to change the span to?
Title: Re: Cutscene and monster killing mission help
Post by: WhiteRose on July 05, 2010, 07:34:36 pm
Yes to both your questions, and would would set the span to Entire Battle.
Title: Re: Cutscene and monster killing mission help
Post by: DarkCaedus on July 05, 2010, 07:51:33 pm
Ok, thank you very much!