Okay so I've used blizz abs in most of my games that i make for friends (because lets face it no other abs even compare)
and I like how customizable it is, but anyway my question is:
What exactlly are these combos, and how would i use them?
Another thing i might need to know is:
How do I make a projectile?
You have all necessary information in the manual, you should read it.
Quote from: Zexion on July 23, 2010, 05:47:31 am(because lets face it no other abs even compare)
Actually, I think XAS do, but it depends on what functions you want to have :D
Yeah it's just that the manual wouldn't open for some reason, so i restarted the computer, but still wouldn't open. Eventually I opened my task manager and stopped the 4 html help executable processes, and after that it popped open, so I'm reading it now :P
P.S. XAS is super hard to configure for noobs like me :)
Try to get an external CHM Viewer. Are you running Windows Vista / Windows 7? I put a link to an article that has a fix present if it won't work, that might help.
The manual is the alpha and omega of Blizz-ABS. If you can't open it, you're going to miss out on important features. >.< You should really try to get it running.
Quote from: stripe103 on July 23, 2010, 07:00:11 am
Quote from: Zexion on July 23, 2010, 05:47:31 am(because lets face it no other abs even compare)
Actually, I think XAS do, but it depends on what functions you want to have :D
With BlizzABS, you can do anything you can do with XAS, it sometimes is just harder. I don't know about hookshots, but still... Combo's? 1-0 : BlizzABS - XAS. And BlizzABS has got really smart enemies.
Hookshots is deinitely doable, now I think I will tinker with it and figure it out later today.
You can just use a whip and an event that uses whips as triggers to make the player jump over (aka Secret of Mana style).
Or, for a better hookshot:
1. Create a shooting projectile skill.
2. Give it an invisible projectile.
3. Make the penalty decently long.
4. Animate the hookshot into the skill sprite.
5. Make a hookshot post enemy event that is an object.
6. Make a skill (or item, whichever you made it as) trigger for the hookshot.
7. Event the hookshot ability (make the player through, step toward this event until adjacent, make player not through).
Aaaaand you're done. Now will someone please explain to me why they feel the need to copy an original game mechanic from some nintendo game instead of making up their own?
I actually have no idea how a hook shot came up lol. The projectile I was referring to was going to be a bullet thing.
Anyways I did read the parts that i needed help on in the manual, but im still a little lost :P
I don't under stand the concept of the combos lol
Is it like the attacks get stronger as you fight, or just more than one attack at once or what?
To can configure combos to do different things.....
Right, combos allow to do things beyond the default capabilities of Blizz-ABS. Such as use multiple attacks and skills at once, or attack in chains, etc. It pretty much lets you do anything you want for attacks and skills that you cant normally do.
Quote from: winkio on July 23, 2010, 07:30:55 pm
Now will someone please explain to me why they feel the need to copy an original game mechanic from some nintendo game instead of making up their own?
I just wanted to prove the point that hookshots can be incredibly simple:
Quote from: SBR* on July 23, 2010, 01:35:54 pm
With BlizzABS, you can do anything you can do with XAS, it sometimes is just harder. I don't know about hookshots, but still...
I am very well aware that you can put together a very nice (and small!) hookshot system in Blizz-ABS, winkio. ^_^
Quote from: winkio on July 23, 2010, 07:30:55 pm
Or, for a better hookshot:
1. Create a shooting projectile skill.
2. Give it an invisible projectile.
3. Make the penalty decently long.
4. Animate the hookshot into the skill sprite.
5. Make a hookshot post enemy event that is an object.
6. Make a skill (or item, whichever you made it as) trigger for the hookshot.
7. Event the hookshot ability (make the player through, step toward this event until adjacent, make player not through).
Aaaaand you're done. Now will someone please explain to me why they feel the need to copy an original game mechanic from some nintendo game instead of making up their own?
But if you want the player to jump to the hookshotted object, you will need to do more things. This can be done with scripts, of course, but that would be harder for people that have no scripting knowledge at all.
Just use a jump instead of move command.
IK, but it would be harder for non-scripters...
To use the jump command?
Quote from: Darth u-just-got-pwned on July 31, 2010, 12:19:14 pm
To use the jump command?
Not THAT hard, but you still have to know about $game_variables and suchlike.
$game_variables is the same variables that you use in eventing. :huh: