Chaos Project

RPG Maker => General Discussion => Topic started by: Ryex on August 20, 2010, 01:53:53 am

Title: ARGSS
Post by: Ryex on August 20, 2010, 01:53:53 am
have you guys heard about this yet?
http://www.hbgames.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=179&t=64236 (http://www.hbgames.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=179&t=64236)
that cool thing is that it WORKS! not quite as fluently as rmxp yet but he is going to optimize and add ruby 1.9 to it so it will get even faster.
if it get smother and more stable it will be awesome.
Title: Re: ARGSS
Post by: Blizzard on August 20, 2010, 02:22:30 am
I've heard of it and I don't really know what to think. While this could definitely improve things, it's also possible that it won't. We'll know more when we see the results.
Good he's using SDL and not GLUT. GLUT is ew. ALSO! He should build the Win32 build with MSVC rather than MingW. Damn, I need to read that topic and give my input. o.o;

Maybe somebody should put together a better version of the RMXP editor. :V
Title: Re: ARGSS
Post by: element on August 20, 2010, 07:00:51 am
So what this does is replace rgss with argss, wich is faster and better?
Title: Re: ARGSS
Post by: Ryex on September 02, 2010, 11:57:57 pm
it seems that he has set up a site for the project
http://argss.com.ar/blog/ (http://argss.com.ar/blog/)
as for the editor... it could be done better...
c# could do it but I'm thinking that it could be done better with something else
Title: Re: ARGSS
Post by: ForeverZer0 on September 08, 2010, 12:27:34 pm
I am somewhat disappointed in it. I tried it out and expected much better, although I understand it is still a work in progress.
Maybe my expectations are just too high. :P