Chaos Project

RPG Maker => General Discussion => Topic started by: Draco6slayer on August 25, 2010, 08:27:06 pm

Title: Common Event Help
Post by: Draco6slayer on August 25, 2010, 08:27:06 pm
So I created a simple common event to allow multiple BGMs to play in a certain area.
(http://www.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/20aba0462f.png) (http://www.freeimagehosting.net/)
And I reached a problem. That is: Whenever the map changes, so does the music. I want to override whichever feature runs common events when you enter a map, or find some way around it. Any ideas?
Title: Re: Common Event Help
Post by: Zeriab on August 26, 2010, 07:02:32 am
Use a variable to count down together with short waits.
Here is an example:

(http://bb.xieke.com/files/musicshuffle.png)

*hugs*
Title: Re: Common Event Help
Post by: Draco6slayer on August 26, 2010, 10:57:30 am
Great, I'll plug that in. Thanks.
Title: Re: Common Event Help
Post by: Blizzard on August 26, 2010, 10:58:43 am
... That's what she said.
Title: Re: Common Event Help
Post by: Draco6slayer on August 26, 2010, 11:40:51 am
Blizzard...lolz.
As for any other onlooker, here is a note.
This event requires external events maps to do the following (When changing music set):
1. Change the location variable.
2. Fade out the current song.
3. Change the wait variable to 0.
(This should be done with conditional events and placed in every map that connects to a map with a different music set)