Chaos Project

RPG Maker => General Discussion => Troubleshooting / Help => Topic started by: ojp2010 on August 29, 2010, 08:06:15 pm

Title: SyntaxError occurred while running script? [Resolved]
Post by: ojp2010 on August 29, 2010, 08:06:15 pm
I was applying, testing scripts and tuning their functions and then I got this error: SyntaxError occurred while runnning script. I tried copying the data, graphics, etc. folders into a new project, didn't work same error. I tried manually copying the scripts into a new project and I got the same error. But all the scripts worked fine the player test just before. I was changing functions in the Quest Log script when it happened. I removed the script and still got the same error.

I included a picture, I am assuming I am screwed.

Spoiler: ShowHide
(http://img265.imageshack.us/img265/5577/93516526.png)


EDIT: Download a new RMX-OS and loading the Client, too double check it would work with the server I have, tested fine. I then manually installed my scripts I was using back into the newly download client. I still got the Error, so I began process of a limitation removing one script and testing the game. I got errors until I had removed all the add scripts, but RMX-OS scripts. So I am guessing that RMX-OS doesn't like the scripts I am using. Any ideas on what I touched and broke anyone?

Title: Re: SyntaxError occurred while running script? [Resolved]
Post by: Blizzard on August 30, 2010, 02:36:33 am
That exact error happens when you have incorrect syntax in a script call.
Title: Re: SyntaxError occurred while running script? [Resolved]
Post by: Ryex on August 30, 2010, 11:45:30 am
Quote from: Blizzard on August 30, 2010, 02:36:33 am
That exact error happens when you have incorrect syntax in a script call.

that means check your events
Title: Re: SyntaxError occurred while running script? [Resolved]
Post by: ojp2010 on August 30, 2010, 02:40:59 pm
Quote from: Ryexander on August 30, 2010, 11:45:30 am
Quote from: Blizzard on August 30, 2010, 02:36:33 am
That exact error happens when you have incorrect syntax in a script call.

that means check your events


I see well I fixed the problem, I believe it had something to do with Item Storage, that is what I was working with at the time. I'll have to do some more testing and debugging to be for sure.
Title: Re: SyntaxError occurred while running script? [Resolved]
Post by: ForeverZer0 on August 30, 2010, 04:34:02 pm
You may have been trying to do something with the item storage, but the problem was that a script call was not written in the correct syntax. Not a script issue. An event one.
Title: Re: SyntaxError occurred while running script? [Resolved]
Post by: ojp2010 on August 30, 2010, 05:03:33 pm
Quote from: ForeverZer0 on August 30, 2010, 04:34:02 pm
You may have been trying to do something with the item storage, but the problem was that a script call was not written in the correct syntax. Not a script issue. An event one.


I see okay thank you all. <3