I am getting an error when I start up my game with UMS (by Ccoa) can anyone help me?
Here is a list of scripts I am using and the error.
MAWS - Modified Advanced Weather System / Ccoa
Mouse Map Menu / Nathmatt
Jackolas Advance GameOver Script / Jackolas
Final Fantasy Tactics Advance Shop System / Mac
Game Play Help script / Mr. Wiggles
Item Storage / game_guy
Tornado Quest Book / Storm
Emoticon on Event for RMXP / Nechigawara
Universal Message System / Ccoa
MOG_Location_Name / Moghunter
MOG_Treasure_Name / Moghunter
MOG Item Limit / Moghunter
Ton of Addons / Blizzard
RMX - OS options / Blizzard
RMX - OS script / Blizzard
Global switches&variables / blizzard
Versioning / Blizzard
BABS / Blizzard
BABS HUD / Nathmatt
ABS Controller / Blizzard
Critical Sounds ABS / Blizzard
Auto Targeting ABS / Blizzard
ATES / Blizzard
Global ATES / Blizzard
Guild Office / Blizzard
Mouse controller / Blizzard
Mouse controller enchacement / Nathmatt
Mouse drop down menu / Nathmatt
RMX-OS Main / Blizzard
Here is a picture of the error that is getting returned and the part of code it is coming from.
(http://img843.imageshack.us/img843/7037/86382585.png)
Line Five (4) has error
#--------------------------------------------------------------------------
# * Cursor Rectangle Update
#--------------------------------------------------------------------------
def update_cursor_rect
if @index >= 0
n = $game_temp.choice_start + @index
self.cursor_rect.set(8, n * 32, @cursor_width, 32)
else
self.cursor_rect.empty
end
end
end
Which CMS do you mean, exactly?
Edit my original post, it is by Ccoa
what exactly is the error?
I don't see any CMS in your list of scripts. Maybe you mean the UMS?
@Ryex: The error window can be seen in the screenshot.
*sigh* yes I mean UMS, lol a fail on my part....sorry Yeah UMS...:/
there wasn't a screen shot when i looked...
in any case you going to have to post the exact line
I did post the error line it is in original post at the bottom
no, you posted a method, I need the exact line.
Quote from: ojp2010 on September 05, 2010, 05:33:35 pm
Line four (4) has error
#--------------------------------------------------------------------------
# * Cursor Rectangle Update
#--------------------------------------------------------------------------
1 def update_cursor_rect
2 if @index >= 0
3 n = $game_temp.choice_start + @index
4 self.cursor_rect.set(8, n * 32, @cursor_width, 32)
5 else
self.cursor_rect.empty
end
end
end
[/spoiler]
why do you keep editing you post? the line thing used to say "Line (5)" which tells me nothing, also Iwould of counted the comments as lines so thank you for finally making it clear.
any way add this above the afflicting line and screen shot the readout
p n, @index, @cursor_width
(http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/3082/16515361.png)
interesting... it seems that @cursor_width hasn't been initialized yet.
press ctrl+shift+f and do a search for
@cursor_width =
post any methods you find containing that line
also put a rescue at the end of the method
def update_cursor_rect
if @index >= 0
n = $game_temp.choice_start + @index
self.cursor_rect.set(8, n * 32, @cursor_width, 32)
else
self.cursor_rect.empty
end
rescue e
print e.backtrace
end
I figured it out :) found a 0 that needed to be a 1. Everything works fine now. Thank you for you help. :) <3
ah ok then...