Alright don't stab me for asking, but it has been for ever since I have actually complied a game for others to play and I don't remember how to make it so the game installs and the "client" can play the game, but doesn't have the ability to edit it, see the data and other stuff. I know there is a way with dll. files and stuff. But I googled it and didn't get much back, I am just looking for the way I can say download this, install, click .exe and load the game, go. I believe it can be done and I've done it before, but it has been a long time.
Can anyone help me? Please and thank you <3
I believe what your trying to do is compress game data, which can be done by clicking on the file tab and selecting compress game data. If you check the "create encrypted archive" box, then the player won't be able to edit/view the editor. When you compress it, you can save it to a folder of your choice. Note that the players will have to have the rtp downloaded to play it.
If you want to distribute your game without them having to download and install the RTP: http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php/topic,41.0.html