Calintz Independent Resource: please do not use!I am working on a simple but flashy Mortal Kombat RPG that I hope gets high reviews. These are the charasets for Scorpion, Sub-Zero, and Reptile respectively. I wanted to post them for critiquing. It's been a while since I've sprited, so I want feedback. Fire away...
Scorpion:(http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc283/Derek16438/RPGMaker%20XP/Mortal%20Kombat/005-Scorpion01.png)
Sub-Zero:(http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc283/Derek16438/RPGMaker%20XP/Mortal%20Kombat/007-Sub-Zero01.png)
Reptile:(http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc283/Derek16438/RPGMaker%20XP/Mortal%20Kombat/009-Reptile01.png)
I like them. But they can use some more decoration. Like how their outfits are in MK: Deadly Alliance, or Armageddon.
Other than that? I think they're good. ;)
EDIT:
Forgot to type this, I bet you know this, but Scorpion has white eyes. :3
Right on, but I'm basing my game off of the first movie ever made for MK, so the decorations are as is unfortunately...
As for the white eyes yes Lol, but they look terrible on him!!
Thank you for posting.
-Calintz-
I think they're well done! I like the overall style. But maybe the green is a bit to neon on reptile, and I think blue and green could use darker shadows on their vests. Scorpion has the best shading.
@Poxy:
I noticed that myself. Hold on ... I've already fixed those problems. I will upload the mods now.
Thank you for taking the time to give your feedback.
Edit:
The updates have been posted.
-Calintz-
I like them, good work.
The hooks looks like crash helmets on the side view. May if you reduce the head size and change the shape from circle to a vertical ellipse... (just a suggestion)
Thank you for the suggestion, but I'm not sure that would help.
The current size and shape is in fact the default for the engine's standard RTP.
-Calintz-
Quote from: Calintz on September 13, 2010, 01:32:13 am
The current size and shape is in fact the default for the engine's standard RTP.
I´m talking about a little change only for the head like:
(http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/4083/mkscorpionedit.png)
... just to avoid the crash helmet similarity.
Eh ... the RTP sprites are notorious for having enlarged heads ... even more notorious in VX. Anyone who has watched MK knows the outfits worn by the Ninjas. I doubt there will be any confusion. I don't feel it's necessary to make that change. Like, I don't think the whole crash helmet thing would make a actual fuss amongst potential players.
Nonetheless, thank you for your input. Suggestions are an important part of critiquing!
-Calintz-
Quote from: Calintz on September 13, 2010, 01:59:12 am
I doubt there will be any confusion. I don't feel it's necessary to make that change. Like, I don't think the whole crash helmet thing would make a actual fuss amongst potential players.
ok. Like I said in my first anwser, I like them.
They're good, but two things... As far as i can remeber, the ninjas brestplates/shirt front/whatever had the abs visible... Or at least they had an ab-shape thingy... i'm bad with words i know, but hopefully you get the point. Second, i suggest you'd darken those breest plates just slightly, so that they don't sorta pop out...
But other than that, it's good looking...
The design of my characters is flawless I assure you. You are problem thinking of later versions of these characters. I am basing my designs off of the 1995 feature length film as am I basing my game's story. From this movie comes all of my character layouts. The only design flaw I have made (by choice) is to omit the unique individual face masks for each ninja.
Face Masks:Scorpion:(http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc283/Derek16438/Miscellaneous%20Pictures/ScorpionMask.jpg)
Sub-Zero:(http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc283/Derek16438/Miscellaneous%20Pictures/Sub-ZeroMask.jpg)
Reptile:(http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc283/Derek16438/Miscellaneous%20Pictures/ReptileMask.gif)
Overall Layout:(http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc283/Derek16438/Miscellaneous%20Pictures/NinjaLayout.jpg)
Yea, they're pretty much done. Can't really improve on them without going overboard. Looks like you are off to a good start. I'd like to see Johnny Cage, Liu Kang and Goro. This seems like it will be a great game to play.
@Poxy:
Thank you very much. I will be making a thread in the 'New Projects' section after I finish all of the character sprites. Like I said though; they will be based off of their appearances in the movie. So Johnny Cage will be wearing black slacks and a green button up dress shirt. Black dress shoes and black sunglasses.
You know what!? I might actually be able to add those face masks and retain detail. I'll do that later and upload the endeavor.
you should fix your bucket acount... or switch to imageshack cuz all your pics are down in like every topic
yea, I know they are, but in my actual resource thread I have a link to my photobucket account where everything is kept. Sometimes, I switch the folders that things are stored in and that breaks the links. That url will take you to my account though, and everything that I've ever posted is there.