Chaos Project

RPG Maker => Event Systems => Event System Requests => Topic started by: Taiine on October 06, 2010, 09:50:08 am

Title: [XP] Individual Random Events
Post by: Taiine on October 06, 2010, 09:50:08 am
I'm running into a small bind in my game.

with BABS I wanted some enemies to be random rather they are there or not. Now I can do it with with a common event and control variable with random number and call it in my enemy.

But the thing is they all share the same value, and you can't set it to x or below when calling the variable in the event, only x and above.
So each enemy has it's own variable # for when it shows, 5 and above, 10 and above, 15 and above, yes some sharing the same number.. but you get the idea...

However if that variable  = a high number/maxed number, EVERYTHING shows cause you can't set it so if it's x and below show and if above don't.

So while it can make them appear 'random' I also rather not have all of the events show if the variable lands on it's higher/maxed number.

Any idea how I may event this so it well.. gives each enemy more...randomness?
Title: Re: [XP] Individual Random Events
Post by: The Niche on October 06, 2010, 11:09:34 am
Once again, Taiine, you miss the power of conditional branches. Have the branch check if the variable is the appropriate number in a separate event, common or map, then turn on all the appropriate events using a switch.
Title: Re: [XP] Individual Random Events
Post by: Taiine on October 06, 2010, 11:32:51 am
And I had already tried doing just that and it would not function properly. :/ I couldn't get the random variable to run.
Title: Re: [XP] Individual Random Events
Post by: WhiteRose on October 06, 2010, 11:35:57 am
Take a screenshot of your event code and post it here; then people will be able to see it and point out how you could improve it to have it work properly.
Title: Re: [XP] Individual Random Events
Post by: Taiine on October 06, 2010, 11:49:26 am
I would love to, but I've tried, failed, started over, made a mess of things, started over, that I only have Control var, random bit. :/
Oh and one blank conditional branch that I'm starring at pondering how to do this that I hadn't already tried.

Okay if people seriously can't sort out what I mean... here
http://www.mediafire.com/?bf38ml6fy8gz5rr
A little demo.. pop in and out of the cave to see, the one starting next to you will tell you what the variable is at.

This isn't so much 'random' as it is 'higher the number, the more show up'
Title: Re: [XP] Individual Random Events
Post by: fjurio on November 24, 2010, 11:14:30 am
do you solved your problem or do you need help?
As said, with a conditional branch its quite simple. If you need help i could make a picture of the event.