Chaos Project

RPG Maker => Resources => Topic started by: MeVII on November 07, 2010, 03:06:09 pm

Title: Edited RTP Template
Post by: MeVII on November 07, 2010, 03:06:09 pm



Edited RTP Template for New Projects
Version: 1.0
Type: Visual



Introduction

        I made this RTP edit for myself. After finishing I decided to share it.
       All images have been recontrasted, color enhanced and softened.
       There are also many changes beyond those that I never bothered to keep track of.
       Although I cant list them, Im sure most of them will be seen / found.



Features



       *Look for "---" at the start of edited script names.



Screenshots*

            Snow Town In - Original                         Snow Town In - Edited
       (http://i722.photobucket.com/albums/ww226/MeVII/RPGMXP/th_STB.jpg) (http://i722.photobucket.com/albums/ww226/MeVII/RPGMXP/STB.jpg)                     (http://i722.photobucket.com/albums/ww226/MeVII/RPGMXP/th_STA.jpg) (http://i722.photobucket.com/albums/ww226/MeVII/RPGMXP/STA.jpg)
                Click to Enlarge                                           Click to Enlarge

       *Since I edited all the visuals, Ive only posted one example to give an idea of what Ive done.



Demo

       Edited RTP Template for New Projects (http://www.4shared.com/file/cAZruDYo/000BlankTemplate.html)



Instructions

       Download the demo from above. Use it, or any of its edited content for your projects.
       There are Comments of me saying more of the same in the Common Events section of the project.
       Be sure to save a backup copy for later use if you intend to use it more than once.



Credits and Thanks





Author's Notes

       Again, I made this for myself really. So its not perfect, or even meant to be.
       All in all, I hope others can find it somewhat useful.

                                                                                                                                                                     MeVII

Title: Re: Edited RTP Template
Post by: Holyrapid on November 07, 2010, 03:12:09 pm
The snow town in your example, the one you edited, it's a tad bright for my eyes, but that can easily be fixed. Other than that, nice work I'll check it out more tomorrow.
Title: To DesPKP:
Post by: MeVII on November 07, 2010, 06:00:58 pm
DesPKP:

       Yes, the snow, and the desert (coincidentally extremes from one another) were hard to work with.
Like I said, its not perfect. Id say its at about 85%. The rest I would do as I used / found and polished each thing.
Perfecting the last bit to an iota that I could.

       One heads up ... if you recontrast anything to a more appealing degree of brightness or saturation,
you must take note of the exact changes you make ... so that you can identically replicate them on the
autotiles for the same tileset. Otherwise they dont match and look patchy. This is what led me to convert
some of the autotiles to universal autotiles, by erasing the border, and converting them to transparencies.

       Thank you for your input and complements!

                                                                                                                                                                  MeVII
Title: Re: Edited RTP Template
Post by: Calintz on November 07, 2010, 10:38:04 pm
So basically you edited brightness and contrast of each tileset, and made a couple recolours?
Title: Re: Edited RTP Template
Post by: RoseSkye on November 07, 2010, 11:42:04 pm
Quote from: Calintz on November 07, 2010, 10:38:04 pm
So basically you edited brightness and contrast of each tileset, and made a couple recolours?


That would be ridiculous ... he made them realistic by adding moar brown.
Title: Re: Edited RTP Template
Post by: MeVII on November 08, 2010, 08:40:24 am
Hello:

Images were converted to from 8bit 256 to 32bit True Color.
This allowed for Gradient Contrast Filtering...
... Color Shade Enhancement...
...and a Gaussian blur of 0.5.

There are many other little changes, for example, and I cant remember what one...
...one of the tilesets was flawed, and some shadows were the wrong color,
and therefore not transparent as they should be.
I fixed that, and other things.

I didn't try to record or remember them as this was a personal project,
that I decided to share to the community for any one elses use.

                                                                                                                                                                      MeVII
Title: Re: Edited RTP Template
Post by: ForeverZer0 on November 08, 2010, 12:18:57 pm
Just downloaded. I will check it out tonight. I like the idea. We need more RTP templates around here.