Chaos Project

RPG Maker => General Discussion => Topic started by: Flermza on March 17, 2008, 12:40:59 pm

Title: Inspiration
Post by: Flermza on March 17, 2008, 12:40:59 pm
What inspires you to create you game?

For me it includes movies (mainly japanese), anime, other games from PS2 to RMXP, and 1% chance of reading.
Title: Re: Inspiration
Post by: Starrodkirby86 on March 17, 2008, 12:56:07 pm
I remember this thread in RPG Maker XP discussion, but it wouldn't hurt to speak about it here. I would say mainly music, stories, and people's horrendous games. Not the ones that are good, the ones that just stink. I get of those to avoid errors, laugh at it, and note how I can do better.
Title: Re: Inspiration
Post by: Flermza on March 17, 2008, 01:06:09 pm
So, you view lousy games, and get inspired to improve your own.
Title: Re: Inspiration
Post by: Blizzard on March 17, 2008, 01:15:55 pm
I, in fact, do watch lousy movies/anime/play lousy games and get inspired. It's so uninteresting that I start wishing things like "OMG, it would be so awesome if that happened now and... nah, it didn't happen... But the idea is awesome." ;D
Title: Re: Inspiration
Post by: darklight on March 17, 2008, 03:21:07 pm
I play games that I think are good and get inspired to try and match or surpass them.

Music is always good, I organize my playlists by mood and that can translate into what I'm doing at the moment.

A certain magic herb works  ::) But I get so easily distracted when I'm trying to execute, I found it's better for planning/brainstorming stages.