Chaos Project

General => Electronic and Computer Section => Video Games => Topic started by: Spaceman McConaughey on December 12, 2010, 03:01:40 am

Title: Emulating Star Wars Games
Post by: Spaceman McConaughey on December 12, 2010, 03:01:40 am
Well, I am not sure how many people know, but:

Certain Star Wars games have problems with being emulated, like Rogue Squadron and Battle for Naboo for N64. Also The Phantom Menace for PS1, which never plays on my PSP, and never works properly enough to be playable on my phone. And then we have Star Wars: Obi Wan for the original Xbox, which will not play on the 360.
I am positive there are more, but those are what I have tried. And it sucks, too, because I love all of those a lot. And what makes it more odd is that the more unknown Star Wars games(Masters of Teräs Käsi, and Demolition) play perfectly fine on my PSP. I know it has nothing to do with being more unknown, but I was like "meh!".
Just wanted to share because I found it odd, is all.
Title: Re: Emulating Star Wars Games
Post by: ForeverZer0 on December 12, 2010, 03:25:27 am
I think its a conspiracy.
Title: Re: Emulating Star Wars Games
Post by: Spaceman McConaughey on December 12, 2010, 03:27:13 am
Definitely, ForeverZerZero.
Title: Re: Emulating Star Wars Games
Post by: WhiteRose on December 12, 2010, 03:27:22 am
I guess the force...

*Sunglasses*

...isn't with you.

YEEEEEEEEAAAAAA

Anyway, on a more serious note, have you tried using other region's versions of the game, or a different converter to make the EBOOT for your PSP? Often times that'll help me; I had a bunch of trouble getting Chrono Cross to work without freezing. Using a different converter did the trick.
Title: Re: Emulating Star Wars Games
Post by: Spaceman McConaughey on December 12, 2010, 03:31:16 am
Quote from: WhiteRose on December 12, 2010, 03:27:22 am
I guess the force...

*Sunglasses*

...isn't with you.

YEEEEEEEEAAAAAA

Anyway, on a more serious note, have you tried using other region's versions of the game, or a different converter to make the EBOOT for your PSP? Often times that'll help me; I had a bunch of trouble getting Chrono Cross to work without freezing. Using a different converter did the trick.


Well, I never made the EBOOTs myself. Just used one that circulated 'round the internet. But seeing as how other people did just what you suggested, I do not think it would work. If it did work, I would be a hero in the PSP community, I tell you what. So much PSPoon I'd get. <3

:V:

But, really. People would be happy.
Title: Re: Emulating Star Wars Games
Post by: ForeverZer0 on December 12, 2010, 03:33:49 am
PSPoon is widely know to cause venereal disease. Be careful.
Title: Re: Emulating Star Wars Games
Post by: Spaceman McConaughey on December 12, 2010, 03:35:15 am
That's why I wear my Nintendo GameCondom. It fights the power of PSPoon diseases.
Title: Re: Emulating Star Wars Games
Post by: ForeverZer0 on December 12, 2010, 03:43:28 am
I always do before I put my Gameboy into an X-Box.
Title: Re: Emulating Star Wars Games
Post by: Spaceman McConaughey on December 12, 2010, 03:44:51 am
Well, I prefer to put my DSi XL into an, old, ragged PC.


Many bad memories from that.
Title: Re: Emulating Star Wars Games
Post by: Blizzard on December 12, 2010, 08:46:01 am
I've had the same problem actually. I think Rogue Squadron was a great game, but I could never play it emulated on my PC. ._. I never found a solution for this. I've tried different setups and plugins, but nothing worked.
Title: Re: Emulating Star Wars Games
Post by: Spaceman McConaughey on December 12, 2010, 09:51:04 pm
And what makes it even sadder is that it's a problem mainly among certain Star Wars games. ;-;