Chaos Project

RPG Maker => Event Systems => Event System Database => Topic started by: Sase on March 20, 2008, 08:57:50 am

Title: Realistic stairs and sneaking around
Post by: Sase on March 20, 2008, 08:57:50 am
Tsurara's Event Systems: Stealthy Mod and Real-like Stairs
Version: 1.0, 1.0 Respectively
Type: System, Common Event Respectively



Introduction
Stealth Mod: Please don't use without crediting.
Real-Like Stairs No credits needed.



Features
Stealth Mod:

Real-Like Stairs:




Screenshots

None needed.



Demo

http://www.rpgf.org/files/StealthMod.zip

Download the demo for the instructions.


Instructions

For the Stealth Mod, download the demo. Here are the instructions for the Real-Like Stairs:

First do a new common event:
Conditional branch: Player is facing up
 Move route: Player
    Change speed: 3
 Wait for move's completition

Else
 Move route: Player
    Change speed: 4
 Wait for move's completition
End

Then place events to top and bottom of all the stairs in your game:
Move route: Player
  Change speed: 4

And place the Common Event caller on every tile that is on your stairs, example:
(http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h51/Apocolator/stairs.jpg)


Credits and Thanks




Author's Notes

Chapter System: ShowHide
Chapter System
Don't use without crediting me and Fantasist
By: Tsurara for making and Fantasist for pointing out the script stuff
Replace your Window_Steps with this:
#==============================================================================
# ** Window_Steps
#------------------------------------------------------------------------------
#  This window displays step count on the menu screen.
#==============================================================================

class Window_Steps < Window_Base
#--------------------------------------------------------------------------
# * Object Initialization
#--------------------------------------------------------------------------
def initialize
  super(0, 0, 160, 96)
  self.contents = Bitmap.new(width - 32, height - 32)
  refresh
end
#--------------------------------------------------------------------------
# * Refresh
#--------------------------------------------------------------------------
def refresh
  self.contents.clear
  self.contents.font.color = system_color
  self.contents.draw_text(4, 0, 120, 32, "Chapter")
  self.contents.font.color = normal_color
  self.contents.draw_text(4, 32, 120, 32, $game_variables[ID].to_s, 2)
end
end

Change the ID (3rd last line) to the Variable ID you want to be holding your chapter var.
And voila! Your menu's steps are replaced with chapters. Chage the holder variable to change the chapter in your game. This'll work with any CMS that exorts the steps from XP's original step script. And special thanks to you Fantasist ;)
Also if you want the chapters to also have names, use
$game_variables[ID] = "text"
Example: $game_variables[1] = "1. Beginning"
Title: Re: Tsurara's Event Systems
Post by: Fantasist on March 20, 2008, 10:35:38 am
Nice mod for chapter system :) How about adding in chapter names too?

PS:
QuoteDon't use without crediting me and Fantasist

You didn't have to go that far <3
Title: Re: Tsurara's Event Systems
Post by: Flermza on March 20, 2008, 12:01:48 pm
Great event work, Tsurara!
Great script work, Fantasist!
Title: Re: Tsurara's Event Systems
Post by: Fantasist on March 20, 2008, 12:53:50 pm
It was a line of code, thats all :)
Title: Re: Tsurara's Event Systems
Post by: Calintz on March 20, 2008, 01:24:06 pm
I've already come up with the stairs one on my own, so I won't credit you for that. It's not like you made an awesome event thing or anything there. I would categorize that as an event snipplet, because anyone with any event creating exp can make that system. I'm using it in my game also, but I'm not gonna give credit for that particular event system...Everything else deserves credit though, andif I use them, I will give you that credit.

I'm using the same system for bridges, ladders, and stairs alike...That's why I won't give credit.
Title: Re: Tsurara's Event Systems
Post by: Juan on March 20, 2008, 03:53:01 pm
nice event systems.
Title: Re: Tsurara's Event Systems
Post by: Sase on March 21, 2008, 12:03:54 am
Yeah, its okay, I kno' it's a small system that's why I won't need credit for it :D

And yeah, added how to make chapters also names.
Use script:
$game_variable[ID] = "text"
Example:
$game_variables[1] "Asdf 123"
Title: Re: Tsurara's Event Systems
Post by: Calintz on March 21, 2008, 02:05:30 am
The chapters thing...is that like in Tenchu, like they have chapters like missions in the game??
Title: Re: Tsurara's Event Systems
Post by: Sase on March 21, 2008, 03:23:26 am
Kinda, as I tought it it's like Chapter system in Disgaea. You do your thing, example run through a dungeon and one discussion ends > Chapter changes.
Example:
Beginning of Chapter 1
Arshes goes to King's castle
Arshes kills the king
Arshes must escape through the tunnels
End of chapter 1
Beginning of Chapter 2
Arshes must buy new weapons
etc.
Title: Re: Tsurara's Event Systems
Post by: Real Mugen on March 21, 2008, 01:04:09 pm
Hay! Awesome things! The stairs and the stealth i like it so much....but.... exist a way that changes the button S to Stealthy mode for other button.....because i use the Blizz Abs system and the sneak buttom that i choose its other ( D )...