Quote from: Subsonic_Noise on December 31, 2010, 11:04:23 am
As much as I dislike FL, I've seen people make more than decent dubstep in it. Also, listen to Blizzards "Ticket to Heaven", it's made in FL.. and guess what it has right at the beginning? A filter sweep! Magic!
What don't you like about FL? I love fl :D Then again I've got producer edition so that may have something to do with it.
ps; filters in FL aren't that difficult
Note: This topic is a split off, this is how things started.
Quote from: mroedesigns on January 01, 2011, 05:29:42 am
Quote from: Subsonic_Noise on December 31, 2010, 11:04:23 am
As much as I dislike FL, I've seen people make more than decent dubstep in it. Also, listen to Blizzards "Ticket to Heaven", it's made in FL.. and guess what it has right at the beginning? A filter sweep! Magic!
What don't you like about FL? I love fl :D Then again I've got producer edition so that may have something to do with it.
ps; filters in FL aren't that difficult
I started out with cubase, and then tried out FL - it was like switching from Photoshop to paint.
Quote from: Subsonic_Noise on January 01, 2011, 06:19:20 am
Quote from: mroedesigns on January 01, 2011, 05:29:42 am
Quote from: Subsonic_Noise on December 31, 2010, 11:04:23 am
As much as I dislike FL, I've seen people make more than decent dubstep in it. Also, listen to Blizzards "Ticket to Heaven", it's made in FL.. and guess what it has right at the beginning? A filter sweep! Magic!
What don't you like about FL? I love fl :D Then again I've got producer edition so that may have something to do with it.
ps; filters in FL aren't that difficult
I started out with cubase, and then tried out FL - it was like switching from Photoshop to paint.
What don't you like about Paint? I love paint!
I mean you can do pixel art in it and its pretty neat, I made lots of logos in it that still arent bad....
Quote from: Futendra on January 01, 2011, 06:21:31 am
Quote from: Subsonic_Noise on January 01, 2011, 06:19:20 am
Quote from: mroedesigns on January 01, 2011, 05:29:42 am
Quote from: Subsonic_Noise on December 31, 2010, 11:04:23 am
As much as I dislike FL, I've seen people make more than decent dubstep in it. Also, listen to Blizzards "Ticket to Heaven", it's made in FL.. and guess what it has right at the beginning? A filter sweep! Magic!
What don't you like about FL? I love fl :D Then again I've got producer edition so that may have something to do with it.
ps; filters in FL aren't that difficult
I started out with cubase, and then tried out FL - it was like switching from Photoshop to paint.
What don't you like about Paint? I love paint!
I mean you can do pixel art in it and its pretty neat, I made lots of logos in it that still arent bad....
Yet photoshop does many very useful, basic as well as advanced things, starting from basic things like layers to more advanced things like threedimensional distortion, that paint cannot and will never be able to do... same goes for cubase and FL.
Quote from: Subsonic_Noise on January 01, 2011, 06:29:45 am
Quote from: Futendra on January 01, 2011, 06:21:31 am
Quote from: Subsonic_Noise on January 01, 2011, 06:19:20 am
Quote from: mroedesigns on January 01, 2011, 05:29:42 am
Quote from: Subsonic_Noise on December 31, 2010, 11:04:23 am
As much as I dislike FL, I've seen people make more than decent dubstep in it. Also, listen to Blizzards "Ticket to Heaven", it's made in FL.. and guess what it has right at the beginning? A filter sweep! Magic!
What don't you like about FL? I love fl :D Then again I've got producer edition so that may have something to do with it.
ps; filters in FL aren't that difficult
I started out with cubase, and then tried out FL - it was like switching from Photoshop to paint.
What don't you like about Paint? I love paint!
I mean you can do pixel art in it and its pretty neat, I made lots of logos in it that still arent bad....
Yet photoshop does many very useful, basic as well as advanced things, starting from basic things like layers to more advanced things like threedimensional distortion, that paint cannot and will never be able to do... same goes for cubase and FL.
You know whats even better: COMBINE THEM ;)
Quote from: Futendra on January 01, 2011, 06:35:01 am
You know whats even better: COMBINE THEM ;)
lol, why exactly would you do that?
Quote from: Subsonic_Noise on January 01, 2011, 06:37:56 am
Quote from: Futendra on January 01, 2011, 06:35:01 am
You know whats even better: COMBINE THEM ;)
lol, why exactly would you do that?
Well, Now itsmy time to tell a story :D
You pixel something, because the pixel ability is better in paint, then you brush it up in photoshop, then you bring the accent back with paint, and then you put text, effects and others in in photoshop, end of the story :D
Sub's just bitchy that he doesn't know how to use FL so he says that it's bad because it's easier to blame everything else. If FL was that bad, it wouldn't be used by professionals at all.
Quote from: Blizzard on January 01, 2011, 07:38:17 am
Sub's just bitchy that he doesn't know how to use FL so he says that it's bad because it's easier to blame everything else. If FL was that bad, it wouldn't be used by professionals at all.
I don't say FL is bad, I just say that I do not like it. I have the right to dislike whatever I want. And sorry, it's a fact that cubase is a much more advanced program.
Actually you did say it was bad by drawing an analogy that comparing Cubase with FL would be like comparing Photoshop with Paint. On the contrary, I never said that you don't have the right to dislike it.
Also, it's fact that Cubase is more advanced, not that it is much more advanced. If I remember right, in our last discussion I have shown you that FL possessed almost all features that you said Cubase would possess but FL wouldn't.
Quote from: Blizzard on January 01, 2011, 07:48:58 am
Actually you did say it was bad by drawing an analogy that comparing Cubase with FL would be like comparing Photoshop with Paint. On the contrary, I never said that you don't have the right to dislike it.
Quote
As much as I dislike FL, I've seen people make more than decent dubstep in it. Also, listen to Blizzards "Ticket to Heaven", it's made in FL.
I've seen people draw the mona lisa in paint. It can't be a bad program if you can do that, but that doesn't change the fact that you could do it much easier in Photoshop. Get the analogy now?
Quote from: Blizzard on January 01, 2011, 07:48:58 am
If I remember right, in our last discussion I have shown you that FL possessed almost all features that you said Cubase would possess but FL wouldn't.
Actually it ended in you admitting that you didn't understand what I meant because the functions you listed were something completely different, and me saying I should have explained better, but meh.
Quote from: Futendra on January 01, 2011, 06:40:52 am
Quote from: Subsonic_Noise on January 01, 2011, 06:37:56 am
Quote from: Futendra on January 01, 2011, 06:35:01 am
You know whats even better: COMBINE THEM ;)
lol, why exactly would you do that?
Well, Now itsmy time to tell a story :D
You pixel something, because the pixel ability is better in paint, then you brush it up in photoshop, then you bring the accent back with paint, and then you put text, effects and others in in photoshop, end of the story :D
everything paint can do, photoshop can do. and better.
I pixel in photoshop all the time.
Also I realize I've been dead and Blizzard is in here, but it's a bit off topic to be debating if FL is useful or not eh? Can we separate the debate elsewhere and keep trying to help Foot learn how to DubStep?
Sure, feel free to split the topic.
Go wild.