Chaos Project

General => Chat => Topic started by: Subsonic_Noise on January 20, 2011, 05:57:04 pm

Title: I'd need some help with the album art for my band - URGENT!
Post by: Subsonic_Noise on January 20, 2011, 05:57:04 pm
Soooo,
My industrial / ambient band Cognition Vault got a contract with FiXT Music which means we're now an Indie Artist at their store (It's not a record deal, but a good alternative). So, we are now supposed to send in our album.. the funny thing is, there is no finished album artwork. We're fucked.

So, anyone could help putting our band name and the name of the Album (Chapter I: Repercussion) on the following artwork:
Spoiler: ShowHide
(http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l492/Tino_Scharge/CVlogo.png)
?
For the font, something gritty and industrial-looking would probably work.
http://www.pvmgarage.com/2010/01/a-roundup-of-45-industrial-free-fonts/ this page has some really good ones.. don't use the futuristic looking ones, though. Just anything that fits would be good, really.

I'd really appreciate it.
Title: Re: I'd need some help with the album art for my band - URGENT!
Post by: The Niche on January 20, 2011, 06:08:20 pm
http://simplythebest.net/fonts/fonts/fantomet.html

Or:

http://simplythebest.net/fonts/fonts/interplanetary_crap.html

Which do you think looks better? I'm afraid firefox can't find the webpage you linked to, but anyway.
Title: Re: I'd need some help with the album art for my band - URGENT!
Post by: Subsonic_Noise on January 20, 2011, 06:09:09 pm
The second one would definitely be better.
Title: Re: I'd need some help with the album art for my band - URGENT!
Post by: The Niche on January 20, 2011, 06:21:03 pm
Great minds think alike. I shall get to work on this, but don't close it off to other applicants.

Exhibit A: ShowHide
(http://i804.photobucket.com/albums/yy328/the_Niche/CVlogo1.png)


Exhibit B: ShowHide
(http://i804.photobucket.com/albums/yy328/the_Niche/CVlogo2.png)


Exhibit C: ShowHide
(http://i804.photobucket.com/albums/yy328/the_Niche/CVlogo3.png)


Exhibit D: ShowHide
Sorry, my photobucket account's being a faggot. Basically it's just number two reversed.


Take your pick, tell me if you want something else.
Title: Re: I'd need some help with the album art for my band - URGENT!
Post by: Subsonic_Noise on January 20, 2011, 07:06:58 pm
First and second one are best, now try moving the text nearer to the edges and center it properly :D then we'll see if it needs texture... it probably will. Thanks, though!
Title: Re: I'd need some help with the album art for my band - URGENT!
Post by: Diokatsu on January 20, 2011, 07:09:55 pm
Spoiler: ShowHide
(http://i52.tinypic.com/29uo8xs.jpg)
Title: Re: I'd need some help with the album art for my band - URGENT!
Post by: The Niche on January 20, 2011, 07:39:17 pm
Well, my ass just got whooped...
Title: Re: I'd need some help with the album art for my band - URGENT!
Post by: Subsonic_Noise on January 20, 2011, 07:45:00 pm
Quote from: Diokatsu on January 20, 2011, 07:09:55 pm
Spoiler: ShowHide
(http://i52.tinypic.com/29uo8xs.jpg)


Spoiler: ShowHide
(http://i52.tinypic.com/29uo8xs.jpg)

I'll just use this one which looks nearly identical to yours, but was done by me and not at all send to me via facebook by some guy named Neale.

Thanks. Thanks. Thanks. <3
Title: Re: I'd need some help with the album art for my band - URGENT!
Post by: Ryex on January 21, 2011, 05:58:00 am
wow good work on that Dio.
Title: Re: I'd need some help with the album art for my band - URGENT!
Post by: Subsonic_Noise on January 21, 2011, 10:43:00 am
Yes it is. <3 He turned this piece of crap of a album artwork into a professional looking, usable one.
Title: Re: I'd need some help with the album art for my band - URGENT!
Post by: tSwitch on January 21, 2011, 08:38:01 pm
my only complaint is that the text looks a bit hard to read.
I'd actually color it myself, to give it that extra pop.
Title: Re: I'd need some help with the album art for my band - URGENT!
Post by: Subsonic_Noise on January 21, 2011, 09:01:02 pm
Yeah, it's a bit hard to read, but it's not too bad - awesome still, and I did have to send it in instantly.