Chaos Project

General => Electronic and Computer Section => Topic started by: Ryex on January 20, 2011, 10:04:48 pm

Title: Pen tablet
Post by: Ryex on January 20, 2011, 10:04:48 pm
QuoteSo igot this rewPertablit and it is Prettycool In getting used to it atthe moment that is whether sped this is getting but Hear as the_/,Sentence gone onT stone 149th the hang on wittily O


translation: So I got this new pen tablet and it is pretty cool, I'm getting used to it at the moment that is why the spelling is getting better at the sentence goes on, I'm getting the hang of writing on it.

in truth I don;t think I'll be using it for writing at all, drawing and navigation sure but I have a keyboard and years of typing skills and I intend to use them.
truthful the hardest thing about learning to use this thing is that the board maps it self to my entire screen. and while that is awesome I'm uses to picking up my mouse and moving it to get enough room to move.
I think when I draw things I'll be zooming in a lot so that my big strokes are the right size.

but thing is really awesome 4" x 5.5" with 1024 pressure levels for only $40 after tax
Title: Re: Pen tablet
Post by: Aqua on January 20, 2011, 10:06:47 pm
Nice deal... o-o

Wacom?

And the whole-screen mapping is sooo awesome
Title: Re: Pen tablet
Post by: Ryex on January 20, 2011, 10:32:28 pm
nope Genius.
any ya it is awesome
and it is a wide screen same as my laptop so no strange stretching. this is awesome.
i"m slowly getting used to moving around the screen
and typing while holding a pen is a little strange but it dose seem to effect my speed :p

I think I'll use the pen for a while instead of my mouse top get used to it.
Title: Re: Pen tablet
Post by: Blizzard on January 21, 2011, 05:04:43 am
A friend of mine is going to buy a Wacom within the next 2 weeks. They are supposed to be significantly better and cheaper than Genius. He did quite some research before deciding which to buy. I hope you made the right choice. >.<
Title: Re: Pen tablet
Post by: Ryex on January 21, 2011, 05:20:18 am
are you kidding? this this way half the price of the cheapest Wacom and the reviews were just as good. and now that I'v learn how to use it. I find that it is easier than a mouse for just about everything. now it is clearly not the best tablet but it works great. I've been doing some practice drawing in Photoshop and so far it works well.

it is a Genius Easy Pen i405, in case you want to look it up or tell your friend.
Title: Re: Pen tablet
Post by: Blizzard on January 21, 2011, 05:28:41 am
I'll send him a link to this thread and forward his answer.

EDIT: Ah, there we go. I misunderstood him. He did say that Genius was a lot cheaper and a lot better. He's going to buy a Genius, not a Wacom. My bad. xD
Title: Re: Pen tablet
Post by: Ryex on January 23, 2011, 09:29:36 pm
lolz. now that I've been using it for a while. it;s like my hand know exactly where on the tablet to be to hit even small check boxes with out a moments thought. the novelty of using this thing hasn't worn off yet I suppose.
Title: Re: Pen tablet
Post by: Starrodkirby86 on January 23, 2011, 10:51:16 pm
Glad that you get to experience the power of tablets. :)

What's the exact model name, if you don't mind me asking?
Title: Re: Pen tablet
Post by: WhiteRose on January 24, 2011, 10:12:52 pm
Quote from: Starrodkirby86 on January 23, 2011, 10:51:16 pm
Glad that you get to experience the power of tablets. :)

What's the exact model name, if you don't mind me asking?


Quote from: Ryex on January 21, 2011, 05:20:18 am
Genius Easy Pen i405