Chaos Project

General => Chat => Topic started by: Holyrapid on February 06, 2011, 01:31:44 pm

Title: Gary Moore is dead
Post by: Holyrapid on February 06, 2011, 01:31:44 pm
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-12377862
And yet again the world is a little darker and rotten place.
Title: Re: Gary Moore is dead
Post by: mouse on February 06, 2011, 01:35:23 pm
:(

Wow, I thought I was the only one who'd even heard of Thin Lizzy.
Title: Re: Gary Moore is dead
Post by: Nightowl Atticus on February 09, 2011, 12:24:27 pm
Who the heck was he?
Title: Re: Gary Moore is dead
Post by: Holyrapid on February 09, 2011, 01:18:34 pm
Since i know you from RMF, i'll just put a link to finnsih Wikipedia, other's can pick their own languages from the side.
http://fi.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gary_Moore
Title: Re: Gary Moore is dead
Post by: The Niche on February 09, 2011, 02:30:25 pm
Quote from: mouse on February 06, 2011, 01:35:23 pm
:(

Wow, I thought I was the only one who'd even heard of Thin Lizzy.


You're evidently not an Irish rock fan then.
Title: Re: Gary Moore is dead
Post by: Power Hungry Midget on February 11, 2011, 02:55:40 pm
I'm surprised DesPKP knows them. If I mention Thin Lizzy to anyone who is not Irish, they just stare at me like I'm mad. I heard about Gary Moore. It's so sad. R.I.P. Gary.
Title: Re: Gary Moore is dead
Post by: The Niche on February 11, 2011, 03:50:08 pm
Quote from: DesPKP on February 06, 2011, 01:31:44 pm
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-12377862
And yet again the world is a little darker and rotten place.


At least he won't have to put up with it.
Title: Re: Gary Moore is dead
Post by: Spaceman McConaughey on February 11, 2011, 03:59:17 pm
Another famous person died. Boo-fucking-hoo. I had family members die, friends, pets, and I just get other people at places like school talk ridiculous amounts of shit because they some how found out.

So I end with this:
BOO, FUCKING, HOO.
Title: Re: Gary Moore is dead
Post by: Power Hungry Midget on February 11, 2011, 04:15:50 pm
Well, in all fairness, Gary Moore's not that famous. But Thin Lizzy Rock Fans are obviously sad to see him go. I lost my grandfather year and I was far more upset about that. Do you think I shed a tear at the departure of Gary Moore? No. But I'm still going to respect him and say he'll be missed as he was a great musician and Thin Lizzy's music means a lot to me.
Title: Re: Gary Moore is dead
Post by: The Niche on February 11, 2011, 04:19:32 pm
Quote from: Tuggernuts on February 11, 2011, 03:59:17 pm
Another famous person died. Boo-fucking-hoo. I had family members die, friends, pets, and I just get other people at places like school talk ridiculous amounts of shit because they some how found out.

So I end with this:
BOO, FUCKING, HOO.


Branden, please be quiet. You are quite clearly looking for attention.
Title: Re: Gary Moore is dead
Post by: Blizzard on February 11, 2011, 04:21:20 pm
Does it even matter? If people enjoyed the work of another person, why shouldn't they be allowed to grief even if they never actually met them? Don't be a douche, Branden.
Title: Re: Gary Moore is dead
Post by: Spaceman McConaughey on February 11, 2011, 04:24:37 pm
@Power Hungry Midget:
He was famous enough, apparently. And I never complained about anyone "shedding a tear" for famous people passing away.

Really, I am just mad about people always mourning the death of famous people.
Someone gets shot dead in a school, it's not worth mention more than a few times, apparently. That pedophile Michael Jackson overdoses like the idiot he was, he gets a giant memorial service, specials on TV, and months of coverage on the news.

If I went on a forum and posted "My Great Granny died. :(", I would no doubt get a comment about me craving attention. But when we post it about a famous person, it's an entirely different story. It's fucked up the way it works.

Obviously you must see how it pisses me off.

@Blizzard: I am not being one, sorry.

@Niche: just noticed your post, and I must say.. you are quite clearly an idiot.
Title: Re: Gary Moore is dead
Post by: The Niche on February 11, 2011, 04:33:29 pm
Quote from: Tuggernuts on February 11, 2011, 04:24:37 pm


If I went on a forum and posted "My Great Granny died. :(", I would no doubt get a comment about me craving attention.


Not this one, anyway. Care to stretch your memory back to when Futendra was talking about his aunt?
Title: Re: Gary Moore is dead
Post by: Blizzard on February 11, 2011, 04:35:20 pm
Quote from: Tuggernuts on February 11, 2011, 04:24:37 pm
you are quite clearly an idiot.


You just proved the same about you.
Topic locked.