Hey I want to have a simple potion that heals a party member, but when I create it in the items screen add it to my inv then hotkey it to my hotbar and click "A" which I've allocated to be the *item use* button; a bubble pops up which I'm assuming is an AoE effect and I can click party members but the second I do i get this message;
(http://img818.imageshack.us/img818/6256/errorzi.png)
In the script itself it takes me to BlizzABS Part 3 Line 581:
#----------------------------------------------------------------------------
# item_can_use?
# id - item ID
# forced - whether this is a forced action
# Determines whether an item can be used, serves for extendable purposes.
#----------------------------------------------------------------------------
def item_can_use?(id, forced = false)
if (forced)
# Unusable If item quantity is 0
return item_number(id) != 0 <--- Line 581
end
return $game_party.item_can_use?(id)
end
I'm not sure whats going on so I checked both the manual and searched the forum; ultimately leading me to posting this >.<
I use scripts: BlizzABS 2.84 // Z-HUD and thats all I can think of that would effect it >.>
Are you missing a section of script?
I know in the default scripts, that method is in the Game_Party class. I'm not sure if it was moved for BABS, but you can try adding changing the line so that it reads:
return $game_party.item_number(id) != 0
If someone else can say for sure if this method was moved for BABS, it would be most helpful. Otherwise I am not so sure of the wisdom in changing it where the method is being called from a class other than what it should be, which in this example appears to be in Game_Player.
Quote from: ForeverZer0 on February 19, 2011, 01:06:33 am
Are you missing a section of script?
I know in the default scripts, that method is in the Game_Party class. I'm not sure if it was moved for BABS, but you can try adding changing the line so that it reads:
return $game_party.item_number(id) != 0
If someone else can say for sure if this method was moved for BABS, it would be most helpful. Otherwise I am not so sure of the wisdom in changing it where the method is being called from a class other than what it should be, which in this example appears to be in Game_Player.
ForeverZero your quickly becoming my favorite person in existence!