Chaos Project

RPG Maker => RPG Maker Scripts => Topic started by: Shalaren on February 22, 2011, 11:38:20 pm

Title: Blizz abs, A couple of things I want to do, and need help
Post by: Shalaren on February 22, 2011, 11:38:20 pm
Alrighty! o:

1st to these skills that have charge, the character just stands there (if you choose freeze on charge) but doesnt charge mean.. well, charging? so is there a way or a scripit to put an animation playing while charging? and im not talking about the sprites, talking about rmxp animation, an animation of charging of my choice, and when charge is over, animation stops, and it goes on to the activation of the skill.
-- another way can be just that the skill's animation will start playing once the charge starts,
this way you can creat magic spells, such as fire spell, first you chatge some fire, and then u cast the spell. hope u get what I mean.

2nd lets say youve been attacked by 2 different monsters with two different skills in the same time! it will only show one animation instead of showing both together,
lets say you are in 2 states that both have 2 different animations, it will display only 1 animation instead of displaying both.
-- another way for the states can be that it plays the animations in turns, [first animatiion playin, ends and goes on to second animation, ends and back to first] besically doesnt have to work at the same time, less graphic messup!.
Title: Re: Blizz abs, A couple of things I want to do, and need help
Post by: Blizzard on February 23, 2011, 03:12:34 am
1. *points to charge animations*
2. Cannot be done. That is, it can be done, but it's a stupid idea. If you get attacked by several enemies at the same time, all the animations would have to play out till the end which can take a while. Every game that I have seen so far that did this, looked unprofessional. Doing it at the same time is even stupider. 10 enemies attack you and the game will lag like hell and it will look like crap.
Title: Re: Blizz abs, A couple of things I want to do, and need help
Post by: Shalaren on February 23, 2011, 07:17:58 am
yeah i guess you got a point for a large amount, but there are those situations that i need 2 animations to be playing at the same time.
ill just tell you what i did, i made 4 animations for 4 directions , (up,down,left,right) and made a common event with conditions such as,
if faced down, play animation "direction down", and then i set the skill to activate the common event when used,
now the problem is, the skill has an animation of its own, so when used there should be playing 2 animations together, but instead it only shows the common event's one alone. and I need this to work together for special skills im working on, I can assure you it will look professional.
but then again if there were 10 monsters attacking it would look like crap, so what of putting a maximum of 4 animation playing, but at least more then 1 animation will play at the time. trust me it would be useful!

"all the animations would have to play out till the end which can take a while." I refered to states. lets say ur oare on poisen state and sleep state at the same time. so first there will be a poisen animation, then the "zZz" animation and poisen animation again (these animations should be quite short), this way it wont look like crap when u are in many states., because when it plays only 1 animation, u are aware of only one state.
Title: Re: Blizz abs, A couple of things I want to do, and need help
Post by: Blizzard on February 23, 2011, 07:49:47 am
If you need to show all status animations somehow, get Animation Stack from Tons of Add-ons.
Title: Re: Blizz abs, A couple of things I want to do, and need help
Post by: Shalaren on February 23, 2011, 08:05:07 am
the addons dont seem to work with the new blizz abs, =\
so many errors. blizz part 2, seem to be something wrong with this line when i use the addons
"          actor.refresh(true)"
Title: Re: Blizz abs, A couple of things I want to do, and need help
Post by: Blizzard on February 23, 2011, 08:19:19 am
Are you sure that you are using the newest versions of Tons and Blizz-ABS and that you have them in the right order?
Title: Re: Blizz abs, A couple of things I want to do, and need help
Post by: Shalaren on February 23, 2011, 08:37:50 am
Yes I am sure,
im only using part 1 of addons though, and only the animation stack, keeps giving me errors ><"
Title: Re: Blizz abs, A couple of things I want to do, and need help
Post by: Blizzard on February 23, 2011, 09:13:29 am
Quote from: Blizzard on January 09, 2008, 08:50:47 am
Author's Notes

Tons of Add-ons now has to be used as 3-parts script because of a weird behavior of RMXP during bug detection. Insert the 3 parts in the correct order and the system should work without problems. Do NOT remove any of the parts, the script NEEDS all 3 parts to work with other systems.


Do you remove the tires of your car and expect it to work? No, you don't remove a part of a car and expect it to work. Why do people have trouble understanding this?
Title: Re: Blizz abs, A couple of things I want to do, and need help
Post by: G_G on February 23, 2011, 09:19:07 am
Not trying to offend you Blizz, but maybe he means he's only using add-ons from part 1. However, lot of noobs going around lately, so I'm gonna go with he only inserted part 1.
Title: Re: Blizz abs, A couple of things I want to do, and need help
Post by: Shalaren on February 23, 2011, 04:13:50 pm
Quote from: game_guy on February 23, 2011, 09:19:07 ammaybe he means he's only using add-ons from part 1.

yeah...
Title: Re: Blizz abs, A couple of things I want to do, and need help
Post by: Blizzard on February 23, 2011, 04:17:34 pm
Lol, be more clear next time.
Title: Re: Blizz abs, A couple of things I want to do, and need help
Post by: Shalaren on February 23, 2011, 11:58:00 pm
anyway i kinda figured it out,

Quote1st to these skills that have charge, the character just stands there (if you choose freeze on charge) but doesnt charge mean.. well, charging? so is there a way or a scripit to put an animation playing while charging? and im not talking about the sprites, talking about rmxp animation, an animation of charging of my choice, and when charge is over, animation stops, and it goes on to the activation of the skill.
-- another way can be just that the skill's animation will start playing once the charge starts,
this way you can creat magic spells, such as fire spell, first you chatge some fire, and then u cast the spell. hope u get what I mean.