Chaos Project

General => Electronic and Computer Section => Topic started by: G_G on February 23, 2011, 02:50:16 pm

Title: Stupid Modem
Post by: G_G on February 23, 2011, 02:50:16 pm
Alright so this crappy Arris some TM model or something won't let me connect to it. I'm trying to open some ports and I've entered in this IP.
192.168.100.1

It comes up with some information about the modem. But nothing linking to port forwarding. Open up CMD and type in ipconfig.
Default Gateway: 209.159.253.129

Everytime I try that I get an error "Could not connect to remote server" (From Opera).

If only I had my wireless router I could forward ports from their, but nope. Any ideas?
Title: Re: Stupid Modem
Post by: Ryex on February 23, 2011, 04:25:38 pm
I take it port forward's site wasn't any help in connecting to tit?
Title: Re: Stupid Modem
Post by: G_G on February 23, 2011, 04:41:47 pm
Nope. They had the same model I did, but the html files had only one difference, and it was one link.
Title: Re: Stupid Modem
Post by: Blizzard on February 23, 2011, 05:23:58 pm
If I'm not wrong, every router should be able to forward ports. O_o
Try googling your router model together with "port forwarding" or "forward port". Some routers call that kind of stuff differently. The option might be somewhere where you can set up the "network configuration for your games", etc. I remember that a router had a list of several games with ports that are used by those games. It took me a few minutes to realize that this is actually where ports are forwarded.
Title: Re: Stupid Modem
Post by: Ryex on February 23, 2011, 05:44:07 pm
it's not that he can't find it. the router isn't displaying anything to control it.

@G_G have you tried connecting from the outside IP address?
Title: Re: Stupid Modem
Post by: ShadowIce on February 23, 2011, 06:23:25 pm
The SERVER's host in cfg.ini should NOT be 127.0.0.1. It SHOULD be 192.168.x.y , x & y = ur internal IP. To find your internal IP, open the command prompt, then type in: ipconfig

Then look for "Internal IP".

The code inside the script archive should be "w.x.y.z" or ur external IP which u can get at http://whatismyip.org/ (http://whatismyip.org/) :) Also, don't forget to port forward the port or ports you are using for your game! :)
Title: Re: Stupid Modem
Post by: Ryex on February 23, 2011, 06:41:02 pm
Shadow this topic has absolutly nothing to do with RMX-OS. this is VERY clear if you even bother to read to topic. G_G is trying to forward his ports but can't find the interface.

please read topics carefully before replying next time.
Title: Re: Stupid Modem
Post by: G_G on February 23, 2011, 08:20:30 pm
Quote from: ShadowIce on February 23, 2011, 06:23:25 pm
The SERVER's host in cfg.ini should NOT be 127.0.0.1. It SHOULD be 192.168.x.y , x & y = ur internal IP. To find your internal IP, open the command prompt, then type in: ipconfig

Then look for "Internal IP".

The code inside the script archive should be "w.x.y.z" or ur external IP which u can get at http://whatismyip.org/ (http://whatismyip.org/) :) Also, don't forget to port forward the port or ports you are using for your game! :)


Don't you think I did that? In fact I even said I did it. And I tried it. The router is refusing to allow me to. I've tried googling it and what not. However I found my wireless router so its all solved <3
Title: Re: Stupid Modem
Post by: Blizzard on February 24, 2011, 02:20:59 am
<3