Chaos Project

Community => News / Suggestions / Feedback => Topic started by: Blizzard on February 25, 2011, 10:01:00 am

Title: Chaos Project expanding
Post by: Blizzard on February 25, 2011, 10:01:00 am
I have noticed that a lot of people are leaving RMXP and going for better tools, languages, etc. I think it is time that CP expanded to general game development as well. I was thinking about creating another category similar to the RPG Maker XP which would feature similar subforums (General Discussion, Projects, Resources, etc.). I could write loads of text about this, but I don't have to. It's as simple as that.

Does anybody have any objections?
Title: Re: Chaos Project expanding
Post by: AliveDrive on February 25, 2011, 10:18:23 am
I came across a game made with Game Maker.

It was really well done so I decided to try GM out... I suck  :haha:

This was the game I found. http://www.gamemakergames.com/archive/elu-undersea

But no I don't have objections. I want to expand my own abilities. If every site were as informative and helpful as CP is for RMXP...well it would be awesome ^.^
Title: Re: Chaos Project expanding
Post by: winkio on February 25, 2011, 10:25:32 am
About damn time.
Title: Re: Chaos Project expanding
Post by: ForeverZer0 on February 25, 2011, 12:11:17 pm
Quote from: winkio on February 25, 2011, 10:25:32 am
About damn time.


QFT

Although I have all but stopped using RMXP, I still like to discuss and see what others are doing, and be involved in the community. I would love to see expansion to some of the Non-Ruby boards, though. Perhaps a dedicated boards for XNA, C#, C++, etc., without them all being clumped into a single unorganized category. It would also likely help to expand interest  to existing members, as well as bring new ones in. I am a member to multiple forums for such C#, etc, but it would be nice to have "one-stop-shopping" here at CP, as well as get advice from members that I know, in a community that I already feel a a part of.  ;)
Title: Re: Chaos Project expanding
Post by: Aqua on February 25, 2011, 12:16:57 pm
I think it'd be cool.
Title: Re: Chaos Project expanding
Post by: winkio on February 25, 2011, 01:45:05 pm
Quote from: ForeverZer0 on February 25, 2011, 12:11:17 pm
Although I have all but stopped using RMXP, I still like to discuss and see what others are doing, and be involved in the community. I would love to see expansion to some of the Non-Ruby boards, though. Perhaps a dedicated boards for XNA, C#, C++, etc., without them all being clumped into a single unorganized category. It would also likely help to expand interest  to existing members, as well as bring new ones in. I am a member to multiple forums for such C#, etc, but it would be nice to have "one-stop-shopping" here at CP, as well as get advice from members that I know, in a community that I already feel a a part of.  ;)


Nah, I think it would be better to start with one general board, and then make new subforums in each of the sections as needed (ex. Tutorials->(C# Tutorials, Java Tutorials, UDK Tutorials, etc.)
Title: Re: Chaos Project expanding
Post by: Blizzard on February 25, 2011, 02:14:04 pm
What winkio said.

Also LMAO:

Quote from: winkio on February 25, 2011, 10:25:32 am
About damn time.


I'll get to it right after I have set up my project to compile my new libgamesys support library and after I have moved the tested the edited ProfileManager and Profile classes which were originally part of the general game engine. #_#

EDIT: YES! IT'S ALIVE! >:D

EDIT: winkio, what do you think about spreading all "C++ / C# Development" topics across the new sections (discussion and projects mainly)?
Title: Re: Chaos Project expanding
Post by: Ryex on February 25, 2011, 04:56:53 pm
I certainly don't have a problem with it
Title: Re: Chaos Project expanding
Post by: Blizzard on February 25, 2011, 05:24:22 pm
Either way it's too late, lol! I have already made the sections, moved all "C++ / C# Development" topics and I just finished going through "Programming / Scripting / Web" and moving some topics. xD
Title: Re: Chaos Project expanding
Post by: SBR* on February 27, 2011, 12:21:24 pm
Wow, that's awesome :D!
Title: Re: Chaos Project expanding
Post by: tSwitch on February 28, 2011, 07:21:25 pm
Excellent.
Title: Re: Chaos Project expanding
Post by: WhiteRose on March 01, 2011, 12:27:41 am
I only skimmed the topic (I'm trying to catch up here) but, for the record, I think this is a great idea.