Chaos Project

General => Electronic and Computer Section => Topic started by: Blizzard on March 21, 2011, 04:59:45 pm

Title: Imageshack failing twice as hard
Post by: Blizzard on March 21, 2011, 04:59:45 pm
I don't know if you use Imageshack often, but I noticed recently that they require you to register if you want the direct link to your uploaded image. Personally, what I liked most about Imageshack was the fact that I didn't have to register. Easy enough I know a workaround for that problem and I figured since I'm not the only one using it, it could be useful for you guys as well. You can get the direct link easily by just viewing the source of the site. I don't know which browsers you are using, but in Opera you just have to hit CTRL+U. Hit CTRL+F after that and search for "direct link". It will lead you to where the image link is. Here's an example:

Spoiler: ShowHide
<div class="listbox">
                <label><a href="#" class="tt" style="cursor:default;">Direct Link<span class="tooltip" style="top:8px; cursor:default;"><span class="top"></span><span class="middle"><div style="cursor:default;">&nbsp;&nbsp; Please <div id="signin" style="color:#003399;cursor:pointer;display:inline;text-decoration:underline;">Sign in</div> or <div id="signup" style="color:#003399;cursor:pointer;display:inline;text-decoration:underline;">Sign up</div> to get this link.</div></span><span class="bottom"></span></span></a></label>
                <a href="#" class="tt" style="cursor:default"><input wrap="off" disabled="disabled" onmousedown="return false;" onselectstart="return false;" onClick="return false;" onDoubleClick="return false;" readonly="readonly" class="readonly" value="http://img806.imageshack.us/img806/8729/snap667.png" /><span class="tooltip" style="top:8px; cursor:default;"><span class="top"></span><span class="middle"><div style="cursor:default;">&nbsp;&nbsp; Please <div id="signin" style="color:#003399;cursor:pointer;display:inline;text-decoration:underline;">Sign in</div> or <div id="signup" style="color:#003399;cursor:pointer;display:inline;text-decoration:underline;">Sign up</div> to get this link.</div></span><span class="bottom"></span></span></a>
            </div>
Title: Re: Imageshack failing twice as hard
Post by: The Niche on March 21, 2011, 07:13:30 pm
Blizzard you slippery villain you!


Alternatively, if you're lazy, you can just use tinypic.
Title: Re: Imageshack failing twice as hard
Post by: G_G on March 21, 2011, 07:31:01 pm
Nice.

Fun glitch in opera. Select the text in a spoiler, close the spoiler, open it back up. Everythings still highlighted however clicking doesn't de-select it.
Title: Re: Imageshack failing twice as hard
Post by: Kagutsuchi on March 23, 2011, 02:44:30 am
imageshack was always my favorite site as well for those exact reasons. But when you have to open the imageshack images with the imageshack-interface thing imageshack is so slow! It is fucking evil! I hate them now, hope they burn in inefficient coding hell.
Title: Re: Imageshack failing twice as hard
Post by: Starrodkirby86 on March 23, 2011, 02:46:30 am
For me, since Imageshack didn't really block out the direct link in IMG and HTML alt codes alike, I just copied that one out, pasted it in the address bar, and then extracted out the direct image link from there.

Alternatively, you can just upload multiple images in one upload. That way you'll get a codebox with all the direct links to those images --- no registration required.

Hilarious, right?