Chaos Project

RPG Maker => General Discussion => Topic started by: jporter917 on March 24, 2011, 01:07:11 pm

Title: Windows are cut off?! [Resolved]
Post by: jporter917 on March 24, 2011, 01:07:11 pm
I have download rpg maker xp 1.02a and when I open up the program the database windows and script editor windows are cut off. I checked my screen res and that is correct. I have "googled" the issue and can't seem to find an answer to my problem. Can anyone help me?  
Title: Re: Windows are cut off?!
Post by: Blizzard on March 24, 2011, 01:13:10 pm
I don't think RMXP works with a resolution less than 1024x768.
Title: Re: Windows are cut off?!
Post by: jporter917 on March 24, 2011, 01:15:26 pm
Mine is set to 1366 x 768 (recommended)

:(
Title: Re: Windows are cut off?!
Post by: Blizzard on March 24, 2011, 01:31:16 pm
I have the same resolution and I have no problems. Sorry, I don't know what you can do. :/ Can you post a screenshot?
Title: Re: Windows are cut off?!
Post by: jporter917 on March 24, 2011, 01:43:16 pm
Screens

Spoiler: ShowHide
(http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/6723/73678902.png) (http://img98.imageshack.us/i/73678902.png/)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)


Spoiler: ShowHide
(http://img340.imageshack.us/img340/7572/30382946.png) (http://img340.imageshack.us/i/30382946.png/)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)



Title: Re: Windows are cut off?!
Post by: The Niche on March 24, 2011, 02:01:04 pm
Click the square button in the top right hand corner.
Title: Re: Windows are cut off?!
Post by: jporter917 on March 24, 2011, 02:03:31 pm
You mean like this? Cause that does work either :(

Spoiler: ShowHide
(http://img856.imageshack.us/img856/3638/63441473.png) (http://img856.imageshack.us/i/63441473.png/)

Title: Re: Windows are cut off?!
Post by: Blizzard on March 24, 2011, 02:57:10 pm
I don't think you are using 1.02a. Are you using the official RMXP or one of the two cracked editions (Dyna and Postality Knights)? The cracked versions don't work well. I have the official version and the screens are slightly different. e.g. In yours it says "Element" while in mine it says "Element Names:".
Title: Re: Windows are cut off?!
Post by: jporter917 on March 24, 2011, 02:58:09 pm
I downloaded 1.02 trial and then replaced the psikey.dll file
Title: Re: Windows are cut off?!
Post by: Blizzard on March 24, 2011, 03:06:43 pm
Then I don't know, sorry. Have you tried the cracked versions instead?
Title: Re: Windows are cut off?!
Post by: stripe103 on March 24, 2011, 03:12:25 pm
If you have that resulution, I think I know why it is cut off.

I have the same resolution and it is just covering the whole screen in height. The "problem" you have is caused by having the object size too big.

If it is this, you can change it by right clicking on the desktop, choosing the "Screen resultion" option. When it is opened there is a link that says something about making text or other object bigger and smaller. Click that and you get to a window with two radio buttons. You probably have the 125% one checked, which means that the window edges also are getting bigger, taking up screen space. Change this to the 100% option instead and follow the instructions on the screen(if any).

This is the thing I can think of.
Hope it helps.
:)
Title: Re: Windows are cut off?!
Post by: jporter917 on March 24, 2011, 03:18:04 pm
Quote from: stripe103 on March 24, 2011, 03:12:25 pm
If you have that resulution, I think I know why it is cut off.

I have the same resolution and it is just covering the whole screen in height. The "problem" you have is caused by having the object size too big.

If it is this, you can change it by right clicking on the desktop, choosing the "Screen resultion" option. When it is opened there is a link that says something about making text or other object bigger and smaller. Click that and you get to a window with two radio buttons. You probably have the 125% one checked, which means that the window edges also are getting bigger, taking up screen space. Change this to the 100% option instead and follow the instructions on the screen(if any).

This is the thing I can think of.
Hope it helps.
:)


Where do you live Stripe, I am coming over to make sweet, sweet love to your face. Thanks that fixed my problem. Gosh, I've been looking for like two days now. Thank you very much

And thank you Blizzard for trying to help me and doing a very quick job of it too. ;) I'll make sweet, sweet love to your face too if you'd like. lol
Title: Re: Windows are cut off?! [Resolved]
Post by: stripe103 on March 24, 2011, 03:22:20 pm
Haha. No problems. Glad I could help. :) I'm just surprised Blizzard didn't see it. Specially since he also have that resolution. Oh well, he can't think of everything :D
Title: Re: Windows are cut off?! [Resolved]
Post by: Blizzard on March 24, 2011, 04:23:30 pm
I didn't even know you could do that. xD I knew that you can increase the icon and text size, but I didn't know that option could increase everything. xD
Title: Re: Windows are cut off?! [Resolved]
Post by: The Niche on March 24, 2011, 05:19:24 pm
Well, sorry for being patronizing, etc. But damn, I was really hoping that'd work.
Title: Re: Windows are cut off?! [Resolved]
Post by: stripe103 on March 25, 2011, 01:03:20 am
Quote from: Blizzard on March 24, 2011, 04:23:30 pm
I didn't even know you could do that. xD I knew that you can increase the icon and text size, but I didn't know that option could increase everything. xD

Well, it is a bit of a hidden function, but usually, if there is any problems with the screen size, go to the resolution screen and see where you can go and what you can do from there.

And Niche: Lol.. :)