Chaos Project

RPG Maker => General Discussion => Troubleshooting / Help => Topic started by: Tsukikage2 on March 30, 2011, 03:51:33 pm

Title: Noob question
Post by: Tsukikage2 on March 30, 2011, 03:51:33 pm
I have had a problem already at installation, and wonder if anyone can explain:
I have just bought and installed RPG maker XP, as well as the RGSS-RTP standard, but when I try to start RPGmaker, I get the following message: RGSS-RTP standard not installed.
They are both installed in the enterbrain folder (I reinstalled them) but still does not work.
Also, might be the reason of the problem, but I also got the product key in an email from Enterbrain, saying it is needed to activate the program, and I cant find where it is supposed to be typed in.
Please help, I am starting to get seriously annoyed by this now  :'(
Title: Re: Noob question
Post by: AliveDrive on March 30, 2011, 03:58:17 pm
RPG maker should start without the RTP installed, could you provide a screenshot of the error you are getting?
Title: Re: Noob question
Post by: ForeverZer0 on March 30, 2011, 05:16:28 pm
The RTP will by default be created in "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Enterbrain", not just Program Files. The actual engine will be created in "C:\Program Files\Enterbrain". It will ask you for the serial whenever you attempt to play it, you really can't miss it.

Also, what version of Windows are you running? If it is not XP, you need to read this (http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php/topic,1641.0.html) thread.
Title: Re: Noob question
Post by: Tsukikage2 on March 30, 2011, 05:55:26 pm
It seems I have managed to make it working now, thanks a lot :D
Title: Re: Noob question
Post by: ForeverZer0 on March 30, 2011, 06:06:52 pm
So in other words your crack was successful?  :naughty:
Title: Re: Noob question
Post by: Tsukikage2 on March 31, 2011, 05:58:35 am
Kinda :P though without the crack  :haha:
Title: Re: Noob question
Post by: ForeverZer0 on March 31, 2011, 12:42:13 pm
You're not fooling me.  ;)

The default install of a legal copy is a no brainer, and you wouldn't have that problem.  It's okay, though, all the kids are doing it nowadays.  :D
Title: Re: Noob question
Post by: Holyrapid on April 01, 2011, 10:32:23 am
I have cracked RMXP half a dozen times at least... And VX three to four times...
Note that i did pay for RMXP the first time around.
Title: Re: Noob question
Post by: The Niche on April 01, 2011, 11:28:44 am
Quote from: DesPKP on April 01, 2011, 10:32:23 am
Note that i did pay for RMXP the first time around.


Tut tut tut.
Title: Re: Noob question
Post by: Tsukikage2 on April 01, 2011, 02:41:36 pm
That is why I thought it was odd, since I actually bought it. However, the reason I bought it was because I could not start the cracked one I had earlier, and hoped it would help, so you are not completely off :P