Chaos Project

General => Electronic and Computer Section => Video Games => Topic started by: PhoenixFire on April 07, 2011, 01:20:13 pm

Title: Diablo 2-ish?
Post by: PhoenixFire on April 07, 2011, 01:20:13 pm
What features of Diablo 2 did people like? Also, What were some dislikes? There is a practical purpose to this survey, and I intend to use it as research for game-related usage :)
Title: Re: Diablo 2-ish?
Post by: Blizzard on April 07, 2011, 01:24:34 pm
I can definitely say that the grinding was killing me. Especially since the game started to become quite hard in Act 3 and onwards. #_# I never finished Act 3 actually. But I liked the stat distribution system and the skill system. Basically they gave quite a bit of character customization there. Another thing that I didn't like was how the game saved. If you die, the game saves that and you can't simply load a save state and continue. While this is more realistic, this made the game even harder than it already was which was really not necessary. The random weapons/armors stuff was ok, but a bit too confusing. Sure, you could get all sorts of different variations on weapons/armors, but it kinda made me sad that there was no real way to get the best weapon/armor in the game. It's a love-hate thing.
Title: Re: Diablo 2-ish?
Post by: PhoenixFire on April 07, 2011, 01:31:34 pm
Hmmm.. Alright. The stats part I will need help with to script that and the levels / skills / stats relations, but, I have the theory done already for it. Grinding will be a part that needs to be done, but not even close to the amount d2 wanted you to do lolz. I personally hated act 2 the most... it was all a bunch of running through corridors and desert space >.>

I didn't mind a1 though, I was a pro ninja at it  :ninja:  lolz


I do have some armour / weapon sets planned, and they're all attainable in-game right now. I'm adopting the idea of a specialty shop though, so there will be some random items available in the CP Dungeon area.
Title: Re: Diablo 2-ish?
Post by: Blizzard on April 07, 2011, 01:40:31 pm
HURR HURR HURR
http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php?topic=114.0

Though, I don't have a skill tree system that I can give out.
Title: Re: Diablo 2-ish?
Post by: PhoenixFire on April 07, 2011, 01:48:10 pm
Hmm.. Well, Skill trees I should be able to manipulate with just the database itself. Thanks for the script link! I shall def be using it, and I'll give proper credit.
Title: Re: Diablo 2-ish?
Post by: WhiteRose on April 07, 2011, 01:49:09 pm
I liked Diablo 2. My main problems with it were:
Title: Re: Diablo 2-ish?
Post by: PhoenixFire on April 07, 2011, 02:25:58 pm
Alright, well, I most assuredly will not be having anyone lose experience with death. Nothing will be impossible. Difficult? Yes. Impossible, not quite. The only things that you cannot return to are bosses that give you elite-ish items, and, provide useful info, unlock a portal, etc. All good levels can be revisited :)
Title: Re: Diablo 2-ish?
Post by: nathmatt on April 07, 2011, 02:34:49 pm
i haven't played any diablo's so i wouldn't know
Title: Re: Diablo 2-ish?
Post by: Spoofus on April 12, 2011, 05:46:08 pm
have any of you ever played the Diablo 2 Eastern Sun mod?(it has some features that are just nice)

but by coincident if any of you want to try it i can get you on the private server i play on that has people on it most the day
Title: Re: Diablo 2-ish?
Post by: tSwitch on April 12, 2011, 05:48:11 pm
Speaking of D2 scripts (Blizzard), Tons of Addons has my Diablo 2-style equipment requirement system :D

yeah I pretty much loved the shit out of this game, and then Torchlight when it was released.