Hello, I'm Mystic.
I'm brand new to RPG Maker and I am curious as to what I can make with this program. I am actually kind of excited since I have been wanting to make a game based upon the stories my cousins and I would come up with when we played Legos together in the past. The good thing is, I am pretty handy with a digital tablet, and a good friend of mine is in IT and great with programming, not games of course, but he should adapt quickly.
With that said, it's going to be a long road since I have barely even gotten my feet wet, but I'm hoping that this community here will help me out with any snags along the way. I'll be sure to try out BABS since looking for custom battle systems is the reason I found this site.
I'll have a ton of questions since I am new to all this so please bear with me. I sift through forums pretty often though so I'll try to note some pointers already posted.
Welcome to the forum, it's always nice to see new members of the community.
*Wind of swords forms into Niche*
Welcome young mage...TO CHAOS!
Welcome to Chaos Project! Just let us know if there's ever anything we can do for you. Good luck with your game!
Welcome...
TO CHAOS!
The housing office to your left can provide you with accommodations and a tour of the facilities, please enjoy your stay!
Greetings young padawan! I should warn you, Chaos is a very, well, chaotic place :haha:
I too am new to the site, having been here only a few weeks or so. If you have questions, the aforementioned office you'll see to your left, can answer any and all questions. Beware of the flying swords, because they randomly attack bystanders.. They hurt immensly.. Other than that, enjoy your stay :-D
...yeah, about those swords... Errrr... just kidding of course? :<_<:
Don't tell him about the swords!
*Sword winds Soul*
..I edited them!!!
He should know better than to believe flying swords attack people... right? :V: :innocent:
Thanks everyone! It is good to get such a warm welcome and to see active people.
I'll... have to watch for those flying blades... losing blood fast... :twitch:
But hey, after this devestating wound heals up (aka quick and easy anime style, the more blood the better.) then I'll be back on my feet in no time! :haha:
... :^_^':
Welcome to CP, Mystic!
Hmm... There haven't been newcomers in a very long time in comparison to... before that. Before that there were like 1 to 2 new members a week, but few of them have actually stayed.
Anyway, CP is a very productive and helpful site. You should be able to work with RMXP fairly well pretty soon :D.
Mapping is an important aspect of it. Instead of making straight rivers, I suggest you to watch WillowSidHe's mapping tutorials (http://www.youtube.com/user/willowsidhe). I've found them very helpful. I don't think she's still making videos, but she has made a lot :D.
Good luck and have fun!
Thank you SBR, I watched her mushroom gathering quest just now and it was indeed helpful. I'll be sure to check out more of them.
I appreciate that. ;)