Chaos Project

General => Electronic and Computer Section => Topic started by: PhoenixFire on April 16, 2011, 11:16:47 am

Title: Laptop Issue, need some help / advice / thoughts / sanity.....
Post by: PhoenixFire on April 16, 2011, 11:16:47 am
Okay, as the title implies, I'm fed up with my laptop... The screen's power inverter keeps crapping out on me, at random times, usually while working on the project (hence why the game data got corrupted several times, and I had to restart.. I now keep backups that I refresh / re-copy every hour or so lolz...). Now, it seems to work with the fix I used, which is gorilla glue holding it to the screen mount, and a screw wedged between the inverter and the screens' bottom edge, creating a small amount of pressure..

The question is as follows.. Does anyone know a place to get a replacement inverter, reeeaallly cheap? It's a 6 year old dell, and I don't feel like paying to resurrect a computer that I'll probably be replacing in a few months :P
Title: Re: Laptop Issue, need some help / advice / thoughts / sanity.....
Post by: ForeverZer0 on April 16, 2011, 12:25:14 pm
I would look around for a junk computer to rob parts from. If its six years old, I doubt your trying to spend any money on it, but at the same time you still need a computer. You may even find one for free that someone has buried in a closet. Or try Ebay and see if someone has one.
Title: Re: Laptop Issue, need some help / advice / thoughts / sanity.....
Post by: PhoenixFire on April 16, 2011, 01:04:19 pm
Yeah, those were the other options I was looking into, but, I didn't want to beg on CP for a junk computer.. Especially since I'm a new-ish-kinda member.... But, I should be getting a new laptop within a few months, so no big deal on that part.. I just need it to last me those few months before it happens  :roll: