Chaos Project

Featured Projects => Advanced RPG Creator => Core Development => Topic started by: ForeverZer0 on April 20, 2011, 12:46:11 am

Title: Advertising
Post by: ForeverZer0 on April 20, 2011, 12:46:11 am
It may still be a little premature for this, but I don't specifically mean posting up actual advertisement around the internet. Would it maybe be a good idea to start spreading the word a little around the RPG Maker community?  I know I pretty much stick with CP.  I may occasionally scope out RMRK every once in a while, but I must say I don't really know what's going on in there forums.  My point is, I'm sure there are many others out there who are the same, who may not even know CP, let alone ARC, who need informed of its greatness ( 8)).

I just thought maybe we should throw together an "advertisement" post with some basic details, list some features, links, etc. and post it up on some other RM sites.

Thoughts?

Title: Re: Advertising
Post by: Ryex on April 20, 2011, 01:37:59 am
I did that kind of thing with RMPY and I made a note about ARC starting up when I closed down the topics. but If you guys think that it might be a good Idea to make a full fledged topic than go ahead. it should probably be Blizz who posts the topic on those sites he has an account on, his rep would be a great way of promoting ARC and give a better impression of the quality and potential for success that any one else.
Title: Re: Advertising
Post by: G_G on April 20, 2011, 01:41:20 am
Yea, that douche bag (:V?) at hbgames kinda dissed ARC because we were kind of unknown.

"OH great, another RPG Maker. Fags" Basically that kinda sums it up. In fact...here is the actual post.
Quote from: BlueScopeDo me a favor and don't make the same mistake all the other people did: Creating just another RPG Maker... of course you will say you won't do it, but then I'll see an actor database tab, and a resource import window, and maybe a map editor window... >>

If that's not what you'Re doing, then good luck!


Alright so it wasn't an insult really, but it still irked me.
Title: Re: Advertising
Post by: Ryex on April 20, 2011, 01:47:47 am
I've no idea what his problem was the idea but whatever.
Title: Re: Advertising
Post by: ForeverZer0 on April 20, 2011, 02:29:37 am
Quote from: game_guy on April 20, 2011, 01:41:20 am
Yea, that douche bag at hbgames kinda dissed ARC because we were kind of unknown.


Fixed.

There's always gonna be haters. He's just jealous of his own lack of anything worth mention to acknowledge someone else's.
I agree with Blizz posting it, he has a better rep than all of us  :P
Title: Re: Advertising
Post by: Blizzard on April 20, 2011, 02:42:56 am
If you make an RPG Maker, you obviously will have to have an actor tab and a map editer. :facepalmx: Ignore that guy.

I think that we shouldn't do any kind of advertisement until after we have the RMXP clone done. There is a huge difference when you say "we are making a new RM" and "we have made a new RM", especially if you say "this is the first version of a new RM, there will be more".