Chaos Project

General => Electronic and Computer Section => Topic started by: Hellfire Dragon on April 28, 2011, 02:50:57 pm

Title: Noise while recording with mic
Post by: Hellfire Dragon on April 28, 2011, 02:50:57 pm
I started recording with my mic and noticed some annoying noise in the file when I played it back. I tried recording with two different mics and am getting the same result. Anyone know what could be causing it?
Title: Re: Noise while recording with mic
Post by: Blizzard on April 28, 2011, 02:58:01 pm
Low-quality mics always record some background noise. It's usually electromagnetic interference. Unless you are willing to pay $300 for a professional mic that has proper hardware pre-processing during recording, you will have to process and filter the recorded files yourself.
Title: Re: Noise while recording with mic
Post by: Subsonic_Noise on April 28, 2011, 03:02:55 pm
Also, Analogue / Digital converters in internal soundcards suck. Alot.
Title: Re: Noise while recording with mic
Post by: Blizzard on April 28, 2011, 03:05:30 pm
Agreed. The output can be ok (for everyday use, not for hi-fi), but input is horrible.
Title: Re: Noise while recording with mic
Post by: Hellfire Dragon on April 28, 2011, 04:18:17 pm
Alright, I guess :( It's a pain though, it makes it sound horrible.

Oh well :whistle:
Title: Re: Noise while recording with mic
Post by: Subsonic_Noise on April 28, 2011, 04:25:36 pm
If you get some mixing and mastering practice, you can get alot out of that. And if it's important I could do it for you.