Chaos Project

Community => News / Suggestions / Feedback => Topic started by: Blizzard on May 19, 2008, 01:39:49 pm

Title: Hell is gonna break loose
Post by: Blizzard on May 19, 2008, 01:39:49 pm
http://www.000webhost.com/forum/customer-assistance/121-help-my-account-has-been-suspended-2.html

Don't ask why the original CP account hasn't been unsuspended yet. It's been over a week now.
Title: Re: Hell is gonna break loose
Post by: Ryex on May 20, 2008, 11:43:08 am
so this is a new account with them?
Title: Re: Hell is gonna break loose
Post by: Blizzard on May 20, 2008, 03:54:07 pm
Actually no, the admin re-enabled it today. The new account had a different URL.
Alright, no mass e-mails to notify the member that CP is back anymore. >.<
I'm terribly sorry that this happened. ._.
Title: Re: Hell is gonna break loose
Post by: Vell on May 20, 2008, 05:42:33 pm
the dark theme is down again.
Title: Re: Hell is gonna break loose
Post by: Aqua on May 20, 2008, 06:40:43 pm
Fweeness!!! CP BACK UP!  ;D
Title: Re: Hell is gonna break loose
Post by: Memor-X on May 20, 2008, 07:34:30 pm
because Chaos Project is my home away from home away from home (meaning my home away from home is MHHO and this forum is my home away from that home) if even there's another hosting problem, i'm going over to the host's place and doing what they did on South Park when their perants lied to them (put crap all over their walla) and if that fails, tatical nuclear warhead strike! but i'm wondering the old forum (the one with the link to here), is that on a differnt host cause doing the last downtime, it was still around
Title: Re: Hell is gonna break loose
Post by: Starrodkirby86 on May 20, 2008, 08:50:10 pm
Ah, good times. Chaos Project is back, and I hope it's back speedy, mighty, and hardy as ever. Taking things for granted, this was a good thing, hopefully everything is retained, of course except for the minor amount of posts between one of the downtimes, right?
Title: Re: Hell is gonna break loose
Post by: Blizzard on May 21, 2008, 11:57:57 am
The activity has dropped ever since as well. It will take a month or two until CP is active as it used to be before the first move. ._.
Title: Re: Hell is gonna break loose
Post by: Starrodkirby86 on May 21, 2008, 05:52:24 pm
One month. That's pretty long. Though through that one month, there is summer, so maybe that can help considering many students are out for Summer Vacation. I suppose you can always go back and advertise or spread the word, whether indirectly or directly on other communities...If only I were active in other forums I would help too.
Title: Re: Hell is gonna break loose
Post by: nouman6 on May 21, 2008, 07:05:40 pm
Quote from: Blizzard on May 21, 2008, 11:57:57 am
The activity has dropped ever since as well. It will take a month or two until CP is active as it used to be before the first move. ._.


of course that does require work. Chaos Project should look to get a 'decent' homepage as well as some listings on google

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&hs=vRx&q=blizzards+abs&btnG=Search

but these things don't happen on their own. To get a site listed high in search engines requires a LOT of work, take my word for it.
Title: Re: Hell is gonna break loose
Post by: Memor-X on May 21, 2008, 09:09:59 pm
Quote from: nouman6 on May 21, 2008, 07:05:40 pmbut these things don't happen on their own. To get a site listed high in search engines requires a LOT of work, take my word for it.


not really with your thinking about google, just type google url and click the first link and then you can stick your site in their search engine, i don't know about others but i might be the same
Title: Re: Hell is gonna break loose
Post by: nouman6 on May 22, 2008, 08:44:45 am
Quote from: Memor-X on May 21, 2008, 09:09:59 pm
Quote from: nouman6 on May 21, 2008, 07:05:40 pmbut these things don't happen on their own. To get a site listed high in search engines requires a LOT of work, take my word for it.


not really with your thinking about google, just type google url and click the first link and then you can stick your site in their search engine, i don't know about others but i might be the same


I don't understand what your trying to say? You can't put your site on google just by putting it anywhere :P
Title: Re: Hell is gonna break loose
Post by: Blizzard on May 24, 2008, 08:32:47 am
Don't worry about my site one google. Try typing "Blizz-ABS Chaos Project" into google and see what happens. :P Since recently just one of the terms would make CP show up on the first page as well, but due to the problems with hosting lately my google rank dropped.

In any case: Yes, I know that I need a homepage. And I need an original skin for the forum. The problem is that I lack the time right now. I have to write my diploma thesis of 40-50 pages withing the next 3 weeks and I haven't even started yet. You can imagine the stress.
Title: Re: Hell is gonna break loose
Post by: Vell on May 24, 2008, 09:07:32 am
maybe you should like, focus on that more? we can handle three weeks knowing our Almighty Blizzard of Script Writing is busy.
Title: Re: Hell is gonna break loose
Post by: Blizzard on May 24, 2008, 10:02:59 am
I will. I've been busy the last two days with college stuff, but I didn't have any time to start working on it. It's college itself that prevents me most on doing this. I need a serious rest so I'm not doing anything today. I'm going out tonight with Xintekk and tomorrow I'll start working on it.
Title: Re: Hell is gonna break loose
Post by: Vell on May 24, 2008, 10:04:07 am
have fun.
Title: Re: Hell is gonna break loose
Post by: nouman6 on May 24, 2008, 10:13:48 am
Quote from: Blizzard on May 24, 2008, 08:32:47 am
Don't worry about my site one google. Try typing "Blizz-ABS Chaos Project" into google and see what happens. :P


Who is going to search that term?

try rmvx scripts / rmxp scripts / rmvx / rpg maker scripts

I've worked hours to get RMRevolution on the front page for those searches, and hey, its worked.
Title: Re: Hell is gonna break loose
Post by: Blizzard on May 24, 2008, 10:25:55 am
At least I'm on first page when looking for anything. <_<;
Title: Re: Hell is gonna break loose
Post by: Starrodkirby86 on May 24, 2008, 11:17:51 am
Get obvious terms for RPG Maker and Chaos Project, so then eventually after enough hits we'll get this place back to awesomeness. With Google, one Starrodkirby86 and you'll see a--Oh wait, that's right, that's as if saying Blizz-Abs...my bad. Type in Chaos Project, you get a lot of Sonic things. We need that to change! Don't know how though. Let Google come to you? No idea...

I agree with Nouman here. Except make some terms such as RMXP XP RPG-XP or whatever, though I know it's not like tags on Youtube unfortunately.
Title: Re: Hell is gonna break loose
Post by: legacyblade on May 24, 2008, 09:09:01 pm
I'm glad the site is back, I'm glad kriby pointed it out to me. Anyhoo, good luck with the collage stuff, I hate exams!
Title: Re: Hell is gonna break loose
Post by: Fallen Angel X on May 24, 2008, 09:12:08 pm
Indeed. I know I'll do my part to get CP known across the world! And soon the site will be so active that... idk I didn't plan that far.
Title: Re: Hell is gonna break loose
Post by: Blizzard on May 26, 2008, 03:37:07 am
First we need to get our grade of activity back. While we work at that, we just need to keep contributing more and more. It will take some time, but eventually we will get more famous. :)
Title: Re: Hell is gonna break loose
Post by: Vell on May 27, 2008, 05:51:23 pm
you have fame enough to keep this place in the hall of fame for a while. if the public could put Blizz and CP together that is.
Title: Re: Hell is gonna break loose
Post by: Starrodkirby86 on May 28, 2008, 01:02:11 am
Finding fame isn't an issue at all. It's regaining back that lost fame because of that horrendous downtime. If you look at the history right here, you'll see something quite interesting.


Monthly Summary  New Topics  New Posts  New Members  Most Online  Page views
May 2008 37 994 11 56 24639
April 2008 48 1435 3 13 24194
March 2008 223 10936 31 48 154748
February 2008 175 4817 33 18 89264
January 2008 354 5322 83 18 86856


You get the values and all, but the main point is that at March, we were at a record time posting business, spanning almost the amount of all of the other new posts amount combined. That's phenomenal.  We had lots of members over time, but that isn't the matter, since it's consistent in the 40-esque range, averaged. It's really interesting...though...Wanted to point that out...That's all.
Title: Re: Hell is gonna break loose
Post by: Blizzard on May 28, 2008, 03:04:59 am
The most interesting is the highest number of people online this month. I have absolutely not idea how that happened.
Title: Re: Hell is gonna break loose
Post by: Starrodkirby86 on May 28, 2008, 08:50:34 pm
Quote from: Blizzard on May 28, 2008, 03:04:59 am
The most interesting is the highest number of people online this month. I have absolutely not idea how that happened.
Um, I think I should fuss up. There is this one time, it was with a bunch of guests. There were like 10-20. I added to it by going on random proxies since those counted as guests. Of course...that broke the record. But a few days later...REAL guests arrived to the 56 mark. Quite farfetched, but oh well.