Chaos Project

General => Chat => Topic started by: The Niche on May 22, 2011, 05:49:57 am

Title: Dealing with assholes
Post by: The Niche on May 22, 2011, 05:49:57 am
Ok, we've all had to do it at some stage or other. In my case, now. I'd just like to know how you guys do it.

Personally, I'm trying a sort of condescending/patronizing approach along the lines of:

"[Stupid comment]"

"That's very nice. Why don't you go play over there?"
Title: Re: Dealing with assholes
Post by: Blizzard on May 22, 2011, 07:30:13 am
I usually do it like that. Sometimes I like to alter my response. This would be a set a responses I sometimes use.

"Ah, I get it. You're one of those weird people." *turns away*
*facepalm, turns away*
"That was clever. Did you come up with that all by yourself or did you read it somewhere?"
*stares for 2-3 seconds, turns away and ignores*
"That's great, dude." *disinterested voice tone*
"Good for you." *disinterested voice tone*
*disapproving light shaking of head and turning away*
"Please don't start crying on me now." *turns away*
"Is that what your mom/girlfriend said to you?"

The main trick is to NOT use a condescending tone. The more you show that it is not triggering an emotional in you, the more impact your reply will do. You probably noticed that I use a lot of non-verbal cues.
Title: Re: Dealing with assholes
Post by: Subsonic_Noise on May 22, 2011, 07:41:58 am
What blizzard said, basically. Really depends on a person though. I lately used something along the lines of "Just learned a new word did you? That's cute. Did your mommy teach you?" since that guy was really insecure about being called a kid. It worked perfectly and spawned lots of lulz.
Title: Re: Dealing with assholes
Post by: Blizzard on May 22, 2011, 08:30:05 am
Yearh, it's good if you know their "weakpoint". They should be taught that messing with you has certain consequences (e.g. feeling like shit), this will make them avoid messing with you.
Title: Re: Dealing with assholes
Post by: Subsonic_Noise on May 22, 2011, 08:44:00 am
Quote from: Blizzard on May 22, 2011, 08:30:05 am
Yearh, it's good if you know their "weakpoint". They should be taught that messing with you has certain consequences (e.g. feeling like shit), this will make them avoid messing with you.

That guy is afraid of me now. xD He did certain things I cannot forgive, and I tried to talk reasonably, but he just kept shouting and insulting me, so I attacked his weakpoints. Which he showed way too obviously. So, yes. If you know their weakpoints and they cross a certain border, don't be afraid to use that knowledge.
Title: Re: Dealing with assholes
Post by: The Niche on May 22, 2011, 01:18:31 pm
And how would you go about finding said weakpoints?

@Sub: Are we talking about a certain, incredibly pleasant looking canine here?
Title: Re: Dealing with assholes
Post by: Blizzard on May 22, 2011, 01:55:57 pm
Observe their behavior. If they go around bullying people, it's likely that they are being mistreated in some way by their parents. You could just say out of the blue something like "Your parents don't love you."
Title: Re: Dealing with assholes
Post by: Subsonic_Noise on May 22, 2011, 02:33:41 pm
Quote from: The Niche on May 22, 2011, 01:18:31 pm
@Sub: Are we talking about a certain, incredibly pleasant looking canine here?

A certain caveman with suprising similarities to a monkey it is.
Title: Re: Dealing with assholes
Post by: Spaceman McConaughey on May 22, 2011, 02:46:20 pm
I dealt with a friend who was an asshole over text messaging while I was trying to sleep:

QuoteFriend: Hey I heard u were gay nd had a wiiiiide ass

Me: Hey, I heard you had horrendous grammar and the brain of a mentally challenged puppy dieing on the side of the road.

Friend: Can I shove the dead puppy up ur ass nd watch it slowly suffocatw while u moan in pleasure

Me: And I also heard I am filing for sexual harassment. Good day, and see you in court.

Friend: Oooo sweet but ur still gay

Me: The more you harass me, the worse you make it on yourself.

Friend: Come on lighten up I'm jus lookin for a butt buddy

Me: Good for you and him. I should care why, exactly?

Friend: Cuz ik u get a ragin hard on for shemales

Me: Calling the police and giving them this number right now. Good night.

Friend: Duuude ur no fun its michael I jus gotta new phone

Me: It appears I have won. Nice fail, you gave up too soon.


See, I did not look for any weak points or anything, I just took advantage of the fact that he was sexually harassing me over text message, with his own number. And it worked wonders to have him lose at his own asshole game. But that was just my situation, so yeah.
Title: Re: Dealing with assholes
Post by: The Niche on May 22, 2011, 02:48:48 pm
His fault for daring to challenge the mighty Branden.
Title: Re: Dealing with assholes
Post by: Spaceman McConaughey on May 22, 2011, 02:58:41 pm
Thank you, thank you. I know, I am that awesome.

But just remember, name's Rainbow Dash, mother fucker. >8U

:V:
Title: Re: Dealing with assholes
Post by: Blizzard on May 22, 2011, 06:45:37 pm
Actually you did attack a weakpoint there. Nobody wants to go to jail for a stupid joke. xD
Title: Re: Dealing with assholes
Post by: Vell on May 23, 2011, 11:45:11 am
Nor do they want to spend the lawyer fees it'd take to -not- go to jail.