Ok, i have bin trying to fgure this out for some time now, and i decided i wantet some better help than my own brain :P so:
i am using a script called ankentai CBS xp and som various addons for it (see picture), all the addons and the main script can be downloaded here: http://www.rmxpunlimited.net/resources/scripts/item/sideview-battle-system-tankentai-xp?category_id=11
because it is so many scripts its best to just post the DL. but back to the error: whenever i am in combat and enter the skill select screen and after that again press x/B two times, like to cancel my turn i get an error, its a no method error ( see picture) the error occures in the addon Atoa ATB for those of you that DL the script and wanna help :) any help will be appreciated and credited in my game, since you are helping me finish it :ninja:
the pic:
(http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5055/supporttankentai.th.png) (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/218/supporttankentai.png/)
Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)
edit* i am sorry for this newb question but: How do i uppload the rar with the game demo i made? :shy:edit2* sorry, i read wrong from RMXP it is not the C button(tought it was cancel) but the B/X button :shy:
Here is the link for the Demo i made :) ps. its a direct downlaod link, so by clicking it, you will just DL it :/
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/28144719/TankentaiDemo.rar (http://dl.dropbox.com/u/28144719/TankentaiDemo.rar)
thank you for your time
-lazyV
You would have better odds of someone helping you if you spent the time to put a demo together with all the scripts you use, and how they are configured, then upload that.
I know that I personally won't be going on a hunt for the scripts you used, not to be rude, nor say someone else won't. Its just a suggestion to help the person who is helping you, plus it can make the person debugging it use it in an environment exactly like that which is causing the error.
C is the confirm button, right?
So what? You're using the skill?
Not like I'm a professional scripter or expert by any means, but knowing what I know about the system, and judging by the error, I'd wager maybe you have no cast time specified for the skill used?
Seeing the error is one thing, but like Zer0 said above, it'd be best to upload a copy of your project so that someone can test it themselves and see if they can solve the issue.
--J
Im gonna make a demo now :D
oh SHI-- i read wrong from RMXP :S is not C it is B :shy: realy sorry :(
but ill make a demo now
demo is in first post :)
-lazyV
please guys :P i realy need this :shy:
bump
Do you knowthe differences from the original VX version and the new XP version? I use the VX version whenever I don't want an On-Map battle system and I'm using it right now for a game that I'm acually going to complete. I can probably figure out the problem. I'm not good a scripting but I seem to be able to fix scripts. I made an edit of the VX jump script to enable jumping in place, and I make a CMS with a namebox compatable with large names :D
That was before I started learning RGSS2
I figured it out: the line in question is attempting to check a method that only works on skill objects, and it's doing it to a number object. Go to that method and replace it with this.
def make_skill_action_result
skill = $data_skills[@action_battler.current_action.skill_id]
if @action_battler.cast_action == nil
@active_battler.cast_action = skill
@active_battler.cast_target = @active_battler.current_action.target_index
@cast_speed = skill.cast_speed(@active_battler) if skill.is_a?(RPG::Skill)
@active_battler.cast_action = nil if @cast_speed == 0
@spriteset.set_stand_by_action(@active_battler.actor?, @active_battler.index)
return unless @cast_speed == 0
end
make_skill_action_result_atb_n01
@active_battler.cast_action = nil
end
That fixed it for me.
Thanks :D