Chaos Project

RPG Maker => RPG Maker Scripts => Script Troubleshooting => Topic started by: Zephor on May 27, 2011, 03:36:26 pm

Title: Trouble with a script obviously
Post by: Zephor on May 27, 2011, 03:36:26 pm
I'm using the hunger and thirst script by ForeverZer0 and I'm also trying to make an intro for my game. I'm wondering how I can go about disabling the script until after the intro so it doesn't show in the corner.
Title: Re: Trouble with a script obviously
Post by: ForeverZer0 on May 27, 2011, 05:52:20 pm
I can make you a fix that will allow you to turn it on/off.

The HUD script was actually just a little add-on I made for someone's game, and a lot of different options weren't included, but it won't take much to add them in.

I'll update the HUD script within the next few hours.
Title: Re: Trouble with a script obviously
Post by: Zephor on May 29, 2011, 04:46:05 pm
Hey just wondering if you updated the script yet?
Title: Re: Trouble with a script obviously
Post by: Jragyn on May 30, 2011, 09:34:56 pm
Hunger_HUD Edit (http://pastebin.com/r4SKcXmt)

Just needed a way to control the visibility of the HUD, right?
Well, now its definable by a switch.
The switch to be defined is at the bottom of the rest of the configuration.

All you need to do is copy-pasta this edit over your previous HUD, and set it accordingly.


--Jragyn
Title: Re: Trouble with a script obviously
Post by: Zephor on May 30, 2011, 10:24:53 pm
Thanks! :D

EDIT: But wait, how do I switch it on and off for cutscenes?
Title: Re: Trouble with a script obviously
Post by: Jragyn on May 30, 2011, 10:53:51 pm
Like the name of the switch entails on line 30 of the script I posted,
the ONOFF_SWITCH must be ON if you want the HUD to be visible,
and OFF if you want the HUD to not be visible, ie: for cutscenes and whatever else you want.

Incase you have issues with this, this can be accomplished by setting the default switch (I labeled it 10) to ON/OFF with the event command on page 1 of event creation.

If you have further questions as to how this edit works, please address them to ForeverZer0.
He is a genius, you know.