Chaos Project

General => Entertainment => Topic started by: Blizzard on June 11, 2011, 07:17:03 pm

Title: Fake Zelda movie trailer and an actual movie
Post by: Blizzard on June 11, 2011, 07:17:03 pm
Most of you probably know about IGN's April Fools joke back in 2009 when they released a fake trailer for a Zelda movie which was incredibly high quality so most people thought it was legit. For those of you who don't, here you go: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBCzkz3gHb8

Now, there was an actual movie made called The Hero Of Time. It's a fan-made movie and it's loosely based on Ocarina Of Time. I just watched that movie and even though the acting is mostly cheesy, most CG scenes done with a blue screen look weird and the movie altogether could have been structured better (some story elements were changed, some that could have worked well have been completely removed), I still think the movie is enjoyable for Zelda fans if you keep your expectations low and just enjoy it to be what it is: Finally a Zelda movie.

You can find the movie on various torrent sites. I couldn't get it running with KMPlayer for some reason, but most comments on the sites suggest that VLC works and it did work for me. Luckily you can download VLC without having to install it if you don't usually use it.
Title: Re: Fake Zelda movie trailer and an actual movie
Post by: G_G on June 11, 2011, 07:36:38 pm
VLC Media player is beast <3 That trailer really got my hopes up too. :( *looks for this movie*
Title: Re: Fake Zelda movie trailer and an actual movie
Post by: Blizzard on June 11, 2011, 09:37:12 pm
I prefer KMPlayer over VLC any time. I uses to use VLC and I while I thought it was ok, I had way too many troubles with it.