I ran into another virus, this time my fault. And no it was not from porn. It was from a torrent if you must know. Anyways it had that stupid error "Cannot end process - access denied". Did some searching and I stumbled across a nifty tool Process Explorer. Its like task manager except lets you do a few more things with the processes. I was lucky enough this virus was only one of those that popped ads everywhere.
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896653
Its a great tool, gives you every detail about every process. Now I tried ending the process with this tool and ran into the same error. However, I did find a workaround that was pretty awesome. I right clicked, went to properties. Then clicked the "Threads" tab. It tells you all the threads its running. Go through each thread and click the "Kill" button. When all threads are closed or you have 1 thread that won't go close, close the properties window and check to see if the process is still running.
I kinda prefer Unlocker. o.o; But it doesn't seem to work right with Win 7. IDK if they ever fixed that up.
Most of my friends prefer Hijack This! I think it might have a few more features that Process Explorer too
I used to use Unlocker, now I use Process Lasso.
I honestly have never had a virus I couldn't kill.. My method is figuring out which virus it is, destroying the file while it's running, and simply unplugging the computer to restart it.. Only didn't work once, and, at that poing, my anti-virus killed it for me..
Hijack this! can break a lot if you don't know what you're doing. ._.;
Idk but if you guys get a nasty tdl rootkit that you can't remove I recommend tdsskiller. I was freaking out when the rootkit started deleting my shit(including my kh fan game that I luckily backed up :naughty:), I had tried everything from deleting it myself to system restores, and nothing worked, but tdsskiller came in and saved the day! I was so releaved
(offtopic)
also for some reason the rootkit deleted every single game.exe file on my computer except the main one in the enterbrain folder wierd eh lolol
I don't really use them for viruses, but mainly for when experimenting with programming, and something gets out of control... :P