a while back we were arranging Starcraft games over Hamachi. (http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php/topic,4550.0.html)
I was wondering if anyone was interesting in doing the same thing with Warcraft III
here is the process http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php/topic,9992.msg148130.html#msg148130 (http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php/topic,9992.msg148130.html#msg148130)
really simple for the host, pretty simple for people wanting to play.
also for people interesting in getting a copy of Warcraft III I might be able to help you. PM me for further details.
That might be fun actually.. I would also like to suggest the same thing for Diablo Hellfire.. It can use the same process as the WC3 setup, but for a diff program.. WC3 is a good game choice, but my computer doesnt like to run it well :P
what kind of crap computer do you have that it doesn't run Warcraft 3!
He must be running an old IBM using Windows 95.
Well, the laptop is a 6 year old Dell.. I'm sure my desktop can run it, seeing as though its a Dell XPS 420... But I rarely even start it up.. Not to mention it doesn't even boot up properly at the moment.
Anyway to set one up without hamachi? I understand if not, I really don't like the program in general. Very helpful and useful but meh.
no, afraid not.
well me and G_G got a game running. took us some experimentation and several failed attempt's but we got it working
you'll need hamachi and WC3Proxy (http://www.lancraftwc3.com/p/wc3proxy.html)
the WC3proxy.exe needs to be in the same folder with warcraft3
if your a host just run hamachi and host a game normally
if your joining a game run WC3 proxy enter the host hamachi ip address select the right game settings and let it search for the game. then press the button to start warcraft and join the game under local area network
Got my hopes up from the title name at first, thought you were talkin about making a Custom WCIII campaign based off Chaos Project.
MABINOGI >:|