Type: Script to help the translation of a project in multiple languages
Key Term: Message Add-on
This script is designed so you can keep the text that appears in your project in a separate text file, so you can quickly change the texts and / or put them in another language
- The text file can have comments for a better understanding (comments start with #).
- You can create very large messages (if message has more four lines, it be splitted in several messages of four lines each).
- You can use the commands you use with the Message System you use.
- You can use any type of ID (text / number) to identify the messages in the file lang.
- You can translate any word in the database too ;)
No representative screen shots.
No demo at the moment. Sorry!
Scripts very long, you can download it from here:
- Place the SCRIPT 1 on top.
- Place the SCRIPT 2 under SCRIPT 1.
- Only if you use the RPG Maker XP - Place the SCRIPT 3 over main script.
- Only if you use the RPG Maker VX - Place the SCRIPT 4 over main script.
- Place the SCRIPT 5 over main script.
- Create a folder in your project folder and call it Lang.
- Inside the folder Lang create a file with the name lang.ini
- Open the file lang.ini with text editor and type in lang = eng
- Create other file in Lang folder named as you put in file lang.ini ending in .lang (Ex: eng.lang).
The structure of the text file is as follows: (ID::Text)
# Comment 1
ID Text2::Text 2
3::Text 3 # Comment 2
# Comment 3
4:: Text 4, line 1
Text 4, line 2
Text4, line X
- Create multiple files as above for each language.
- Go to the initialize method of the script SCRIPT 1 and configured as specified in the same
- Put the pictures of the flags in the Lang folder of your proyect
- all Ready ;)
With a command Show Text in events, you can use now \lang[id Message] for show the message with that ID.
In database you can use now \lang[ID Text] in each fild name or comment
Found no compatibility issues.
Credits and Thanks
You can download a pack with two flags (English and Spanish flag) from here:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=2KH57WWK (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=2KH57WWK) or
Very nice idea. I am surprised I have never seen such a script, good job. ;)