Show posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - grecias

1
Hi everyone,

I want to make the dialog choices behave as in games like fable. Specifically:

-You have to hold down the button.
-An animation appears
-After a specific time interval, the animation changes and releasing the button makes the choice.
-Releasing the button earlier cancels the action.

I tried messing with Window_Selectable and failed. I am using SDK 2.3 and AMS R4. It was like I didn't change anything.
When tried to do the same in a vanilla project, it crashed. I know in theory how to do this, I don't understand why it's not working.

UPDATE: Never mind, somebody solved this for me already.

2
I guess I could try it. Truth is I didn't feel too comfortable with the animations tab ever since I started RMXP so I wasn't considering I would use it.
3
I was worried that this amount of animation would be hard to make with the "Show Picture" command... and yeah, organizing events this big is intimidating... if I don't find any help I'll attempt to follow your suggestion.

4
Hi everyone,

I'm trying to use the DREAM encrypter for audio files http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php?topic=78.0, together with FMod Ex sound script(by Hiretsukan and Cowlol, you can find it here http://www.rpg-studio.de/script/fmod-ex-audio-5682.html) and it doesn't work.

-It crashes saying it was denied access to tmp.wav
-Fmod also adds a time position argument in game_system -> bgm_play and it needs to be added in DREAM.play_encrypted_audio.

What is I believe to be the problem:
This Fmod script rewrites game_system -> bgm_play, and so does DREAM. Also Fmod adds fade outs and fade ins, accessing the tmp.wav for longer than expected by DREAM


Can somebody please make a fix for this?
5
Hi everyone,

I'm making a hybrid rpg game and I want to replace some of my battles with a "rock-paper-scissors" real time duel minigame. Those who played Sid meier's pirates know exactly what I'm talking about.

More specifically, I need a script that:

->Loads two animated battler pictures (those dueling),
->Shows the respective animations of three attack and three block modes.
->Gives the necessary time for the player to see the opponent's attack and select the right block button(in real time). I need the ability to adjust the speed of both opponent's animation in both attacking and defending by various factors(like skills and such) so difficulty will vary.
->Pushes both battlers towards either edge of the screen every time an attack is not blocked (so the loser takes a step backwards)
->When either battler reaches his edge of the screen, he loses the battle and an animation of defeat is shown.
->I also need the option to setup the duel to pause in a random moment to show a dialogue option(to add things like insults and random event choices)
->(Optional) I'd also like to see the opponent making feints, appearing initially to attack from one direction and then switching to another.

I don't need the graphics for this, and I won't have much trouble adjusting the minor things in the script with few explanations.

From what little I understand from ruby this wouldn't be much trouble for someone with scripting experience.

Plus, I don't need it to replace anything from the original engine, I need it as a mini-game.

I am using Blizzard's Custom Game Controls, but without rest of the Tons of Addons.

The script for this is practically an interactive slideshow machine that randomly selects numbers between 1 and 3 for attack directions.

I would really appreciate it if somebody could look into this.

I asked the same question in other communities and I was ignored.