Show posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - bnecitizen

1
OH MY GOD! You are amazing. Totally didn't know that was inbuilt there :) Hahaha how dumb of me. THANK A HEAP!!!
2
Script Troubleshooting / Re: Help With Battle Camera
April 11, 2013, 12:48:45 am
Yes I just tried to delete the line that use imported, the script then works, but i dont think it works as well as it should. Its quite dramatic and strange.
3
Script Troubleshooting / Re: Help With Battle Camera
April 11, 2013, 12:10:53 am
Quote from: bnecitizen on April 10, 2013, 11:32:39 pm
Quote from: KK20 on April 10, 2013, 11:18:35 pm
Holy crap, someone threw a Phoenix Down here!

What RM engine are you using? I believe $imported is meant for VX or VXA.

I'm using RMXP, is $imported in the script?


Edit: Nevermind  :O.o:

So the script is not for RMXP? just VX and ACE?
4
Hi, thank you for your speedy reply, and the info about the quality of the script.
Yes I had SDK2.3, as soon as i took it out, the script allowed me to play, but the the Escape Skill Script didn't work, the enemy just keeps on "miss' ing.
Maybe I shouldn't use the script then... I'm trying to make a Cactuar style opponent that runs away, but still run battle results after he disappears. Aborting the battle just stops the battle totally. Is there any other way?

Thanks :)
5
Script Requests / RTAB Battle Camera Technique???
April 10, 2013, 11:53:01 pm
[RMXP]
Is it possible to utilize the Battler Camera technique and Window Battler Display from this system,
without the Active Timer and battle elements?

Original Script Here:
http://save-point.org/thread-2660.html

I am aware of KGC_Battle Camera and some others, they are not as good as RTAB by Cogwheel
6
Thats true!
The original number from Script Writer was:

Quote
#Chance = 100
#OutOf = 50


Very strange indeed.
I have tried changing numbers like #Chance = 100 #OutOf = 100
Still no luck  >:(
7
RMXP

Hi, Can someone please help me out.
I'm trying to create an escape skill for an enemy, I have found this script but once I configure it, I get an error message.

Error:
Script 'Escape Enabling Spells' line68: ArgumentError occurred.
wrong number of arguments (0 for 4)


This happened when I adjusted the: '#Chance' and '#OutOf'

Is there any support for this script that could offer help?

Find original post here: http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php?topic=5769.0

Find My Code Edit Below:

#==============================================================================#
#                Escape Enabling Spells by LilBrudder917                       #
#                             v1.1 | 3-6-10                                    #
#==============================================================================#
# What it Does:                                                                #
#     +Allows player to use Skills that allow them to activate the             #
#      -Escape option.                                                         #
#                                                                              #
# Features:                                                                    #
#  + Multiple Escaping Skills                                                  #
#  + Sound to be played if you can Escape                                      #
#  + Sound to be played if you can't Escape                                    #
#  + Can change Chances of Activating                                          #
#  + Can use a Switch to disable Escape Attempts                               #
#                                                                              #
# Possibilities for an Update:                                                 #
#  + Different Skills can have Different Chances                               #
#                                                                              #
# Version History:                                                             #
#  + 1.1 : Uses 2 less Global Variables.                                       #
#==============================================================================#
module Escaping_Skills
#------------------------------------------------------------------------------#
#                              Configuration                                   #
#------------------------------------------------------------------------------#
ESCAPE_SKILLS = 1
Escape_Sound   = "!Escape Battle"
NoEscape_Sound = "045-Push01"
NoEscapeSwitch = 100
Chance = 100
OutOf = 90
#------------------------------------------------------------------------------#
# Script Below : Don't Touch Unless you know what You're Doing                 #
#------------------------------------------------------------------------------#
end

class Scene_Battle

  alias start_escaping main
  def main
    start_escaping
    @ESCAPED = 0
  end

  alias escape_skill make_skill_action_result
  def make_skill_action_result
    escape_skill
      if @active_battler.current_action.skill_id = Escaping_Skills::ESCAPE_SKILLS
        if !$game_switches[Escaping_Skills::NoEscapeSwitch]
          @ESCAPED = rand(Escaping_Skills::Chance)       
          if @ESCAPED <= Escaping_Skills::OutOf
            Audio.se_play("Audio/SE/"+Escaping_Skills::NoEscape_Sound, 100, 100)
            $game_temp.battle_can_escape = false
            @party_command_window = Window_PartyCommand.new
          else
            Audio.se_play("Audio/SE/"+Escaping_Skills::Escape_Sound, 100, 100)
            $game_temp.battle_can_escape = true
            @party_command_window = Window_PartyCommand.new
          end
        end
      end
    end
  end
 
class Window_PartyCommand < Window_Selectable
  alias escape_fix initialize
  def initialize
    escape_fix
    if $game_temp.battle_can_escape
    draw_item(1, normal_color)
    end
  end
end

8
Script Troubleshooting / Re: Help With Battle Camera
April 10, 2013, 10:59:12 pm
When I try running the game with this script, I get an error.

Script 'Battle Cam' line18: NoMethodError occurred.
undefined method'[]=' for nil:NilClass

Why is this happening?? Such a shame :(