Easy Party Switcher
Type: Party Changing System
Key Term: Player / Party / Troop Add-on
This script allows a more advanced switching of parties, disabling party members and fast switch between the current and a stored party.
This work is licensed under BSD License 2.0:
QuoteCopyright (c) Boris "Blizzard" Mikić
All rights reserved.
Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without
modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are met:
1. Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright notice,
this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
2. Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright notice,
this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the documentation
and/or other materials provided with the distribution.
3. Neither the name of the copyright holder nor the names of its contributors
may be used to endorse or promote products derived from this software
without specific prior written permission.
THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS AND CONTRIBUTORS "AS IS" AND
ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED
WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED.
IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COPYRIGHT HOLDER OR CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT,
INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT
NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR
PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY,
WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE)
ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE
POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.
You may use this script for both non-commercial and commercial products without limitations as long as you fulfill the conditions presented by the above license. The "complete" way to give credit is to include the license somewhere in your product (e.g. in the credits screen), but a "simple" way is also acceptable. The "simple" way to give credit is as follows:
QuoteEasy Party Switcher licensed under BSD License 2.0, Copyright (c) Boris "Blizzard" Mikić
Alternatively, if your font doesn't support diacritic characters, you may use this variant:
QuoteEasy Party Switcher licensed under BSD License 2.0, Copyright (c) Boris "Blizzard" Mikic
In general other similar variants are allowed as long as it is clear who the creator is (e.g. "Easy Party Switcher created by Blizzard" is acceptable). But if possible, prefer to use one of the two variants listed above.
If you fail to give credit and/or claim that this work was created by you, this may result in legal action and/or payment of damages even though this work is free of charge to use normally.
- set party members for "not_available" (shown transparent in the reserve)
- remove party members from the reserve list ("disabled_for_party")
- set party members, who MUST be in the party (shown transparent in the current party, "must_be_in_party")
- option either to wipe the party (for multi-party use) or only remove every member (except 1) from the party
- easy to use and easy to switch party members
- supports any party size
- possible to fast-switch between the current and a stored party
- full instructions inside the first comment
- the glitches I forgot to fix were fixed
- enhanced compatibility a bit more
- overworked system and added window "You cannot remove the last party member!"
- alpha tested
- fixed the "Unable to find Graphics/Characters/Faces/" glitch
- improved coding
- facesets now optional
- no extra bitmap files needed anymore
- works now with Tons of Add-ons
- added "forced position"
- added "forced party size"
- fixed the bug where you could empty the party... again...
- fixed the bug that appeared when you pressed SHIFT
- added option to allow an empty party
- added "EXP for party members in reserve" option
- made the forced_size for party work more convenient
- improved coding
- slightly decreased lag
- fixed a bug
- improved coding
- rewritten conditions using classic syntax to avoid RGSS conditioning bug
- now can serve as enhancement for CP Debug System
- improved coding and performance
- optional feature to call the Party Switcher during battle
- fixed crash problem with SDK 2.x when using the BATTLE_SWITCH option
- fixed SP display glitch when using BARS from Tons of Add-ons
- now you can activate party order change only in the party switcher
- add option for automatic party order change only in battle
- fixed problem where you could put together a party where everybody is dead
- added possibility to change the BATTLE_SWITCH setting during the game
- fixed a problem with SDK 2.x
- fixed a problem caused by other scripts that remove the result window
- fixed two bugs regarding actor visibility/availability
- improved some of the code
- added new license
- added usage and crediting instructions
DemoEasy Party SwitcherIf you can't start the demo, Search for the RMXP FAQ and see what to do.
Just make a new script above main and paste this code into it.Script Download
Inside the script in the first comment.
98% compatible with SDK v1.x. 90% compatible with SDK 2.x. Can cause incompatibility issued with other Party Change Systems. WILL corrupt your old savegames.
Credits and Thanks
- Boris "Blizzard" Mikić
- Special Thanks to Zeriab for pointing out a few glitches and shortening the code in an earlier version =D
For your own sake, do not apply the attribute "must_be_in_party" to a character at the same time with "not_available" or "disabled_for_party" as this WILL disrupt your party and party switch system. Use "forced_position" together with "must_be_in_party" to avoid bugs. Be careful when using "forced_position" with "$game_party.forced_size". Add actors at the very end to be sure the player can't put others after them if the "forced_size" is smaller than the maximum party size.
Character faces go into the "Characters" folder and they have the same name as the character spritesets have with _face added.
If you find any bugs, please report them here:http://forum.chaos-project.com
That's it! N-Joy! =D