Author Topic: Blizz-ABS vs. XAS  (Read 89276 times)

Offline Spoofus

• CP's Lovable Turtle
  • Astral Trancist
  • LV: 19
    • View Profile
Re: Blizz-ABS vs. XAS
« Reply #100 on: November 23, 2008, 03:34:45 PM »
wow XAS seems like it requires more work than needed to get anything done if your using...i mean you'll spend more time on that than actually getting anything really done for your project...so no thanks id rather keep using Blizz-ABS for one it is easy to customize rather than XAS..anfd the Blizz abs config that come with the scripts reduces alot of time by a ton

My Blog site I am working on: http://spoofus.weebly.com/

Offline Blizzard

• This sexy
  • Administrator
  • has over 9000 posts
  • LV: 651
  • Magic midgets.
    • View Profile
    • You're already on it. (-_-')
« Reply #101 on: November 23, 2008, 04:15:48 PM »
"Shield System" of "Defend function" is available since Blizz-ABS v0.9. :xD:
And "Multiple Treasure system" (0..5 ONLY!) or "Item drops" + "Tons of Add-ons Multi-Drop" (UNLIMITED!) is also available in Blizz-ABS since quite some time. It pretty much was after I release the first version of Blizz-ABS after I added Multi-Drop to Tons. And that version was 1.7 which came out more than a year ago (13.11.2007). Yes, Blizz-ABS has been supporting multiple drops for over a year now.

Basically, all that was added was a bunch of pointless junk, stuff that BABS and ToA already had, 2 new useful things, and a shitload of stuff that you could have done better yourself.  And don't forget that everything is split up by enemy/actor/other and then repeated in multiple different areas.

I don't even mention most of the stuff that Blizz-ABS supports. I think I could update the "features" list and add actually everything that Blizz-ABS supports which will result in 3 more pages of features.
It's not so much pointless junk, it's more stuff that Tons of Add-ons has been having for many months already. It's true, Blizz-ABS doesn't support that stuff natively. But why make it do? It will just complicate things especially since it can use Tons' stuff as plugin. :P Face it, Blizz-ABS already has a bunch of custom plugins which is Tons and my other scripts. Does XAS support CRLS? No. Does it support Custom Stats Growing System? No. Does it support Stat Distribution System? No. Does it support RO Skill/Job System? No.
Massive fail for XAS IMO.

Alright, due to popular demand, I will pause CP Beta for a while and finish Blizz-ABS 2. Does XAS support ally AI? No. Fail. cw7, your favorite XAS is losing.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze      King of Booze: Never Ever      Pet Bots
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android      Pet Bots for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS      Pet Bots for iOS
Drinking Game on Steam

Quote from: winkio
I do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney Stinson
When I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Offline Spoofus

• CP's Lovable Turtle
  • Astral Trancist
  • LV: 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 23, 2008, 08:47:01 PM »
woooo you tell'em blizz...another thing i realized about XAS why do you need seperate scripts for all the skills and items?..in the version i used i was like WTF is just over complicates it a bit dont ya think

My Blog site I am working on: http://spoofus.weebly.com/

Offline cstb

• Transcended Spirit
  • LV: 0
  • I'm back... With lost data and a crashed computer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 23, 2008, 10:32:44 PM »
woooo you tell'em blizz...another thing i realized about XAS why do you need seperate scripts for all the skills and items?..in the version i used i was like WTF is just over complicates it a bit dont ya think
yea it does lol.I was just sitting there(how the hell am I gonna make a event AND a script for a weapon?)
Chronos: Failed project due to loss of data.
Maybe I could try again...

Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
Final Fantasy 7

Offline computerwizoo7

• Actually cares about levels
  • Ethereal Devastator
  • LV: -75
  • The Wiz Kid
    • View Profile
    • Big Dreamers
« Reply #104 on: November 24, 2008, 03:54:56 AM »
what is this!  >:(
blizzard just give up and join my xas abs campaign!
xas is waaaaay flashier and more action packed! than blizz abs.
why would anyone stand for mediocre blizz abs over professionalism Xas abs!

Offline Aqua

• Lexima Warrior
  • LV: 118
  • Quack!
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: November 24, 2008, 04:09:33 AM »
cpw7... are you even reading the arguments presented in this debate?

It really doesn't seem like it.

Offline Diokatsu

• Wind God
  • Lexima Warrior
  • LV: 52
  • Fuck yes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: November 24, 2008, 04:14:34 AM »
Aqua, I can only say that the stupidity expressed in Compuerwizoo7's retorts does nothing but better the name of Blizz-ABS and confirm the long standing assumption that all XAS users are morons. The last part of that statement was false, but still, if you want an arguement then go to some other forum. We all worship Blizz here ;)

Offline Fantasist

• Lexima Warrior
  • LV: 146
    • View Profile
    • Blog
« Reply #107 on: November 24, 2008, 10:39:23 AM »
Quote from: Aqua
cpw7... are you even reading the arguments presented in this debate?

It really doesn't seem like it.
Agreed... -_-'
Do you like ambient/electronic music? Then you should promote a talented artist! Help out here. (I'm serious. Just listen to his work at least!)

The best of freeware reviews: Gizmo's Freeware Reviews

Offline Blizzard

• This sexy
  • Administrator
  • has over 9000 posts
  • Magic midgets.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: November 24, 2008, 12:01:40 PM »
You use the words "XAS is" and "professional" in the same sentence, cw7?! You made me laugh so hard right now that I would give you a power up. But your ignorance deserves a power down so it evens out. Does XAS have a documentation? See, that's a massive fail. EVERY professional software has documentation. Does XAS have a config app? Does XAS allow you to create configurations without even touching the script? Take a look at RMXP. You can make a high quality game without every touching the scripts. Same with Blizz-ABS.

Just take a look at how versatily Blizz-ABS is. It took me JUST TWO HOURS to actually make ally AI work over the already existing enemy AI system. I have already put together one half of the AI Setup scene which is the aggressive-offensive grid. And I haven't done only that. I also improved the coding in Blizz-ABS, fixed a few issues and added some small extra stuff. I did all of that, updated the documentation AND fixed an issue with Blizz-ABS Config and updated the application. And all of it including the revamp of the object model took me barely 8 hours. 8 hours is NOTHING. I actually expected it to take at least 3 times as long. I never cease to amaze myself how flexible I actually made the system in the first place even though there are parts that should have been coded better. o.o
How long would it take to add ally AI in XAS? How long would a caterpillar take in XAS? You must've missed the post where I said that you can make Blizz-ABS flashier than XAS WITHOUT additional scripting. :P You fail so massively that you don't even realize it. It must have damaged your mind or something, because you obviously don't realize the bullshit you're talking. Oh, can enemies in XAS organize themselves with a leader, evaluate actor's action which affects their action decision and call for help? No.

The only thing that is left is the Trigger AI scene and the Trigger AI handling and Blizz-ABS 2 is done. And the summoning/pet system, but that's rather simple to do. I'll see if I can work on it today to finish it. I might also improve the path finding so it works better with diagonal movement. I think I already have an idea how I can improve it so it work well with 8 way movement, yet doesn't screw up. In case I don't manage to do that, I will release v2.0 without it and add it later.

Yes, you read right. Blizz-ABS v2.0 might be out tomorrow.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2008, 12:13:41 PM by Blizzard »

Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android      Pet Bots for Android
Drinking Game on Steam

Offline Starrodkirby86

• Kirby de Varita Estelar
  • Guardian of Chaos
  • LV: 194
  • ~!
    • View Profile
    • The Archive of Starrodkirby86
« Reply #109 on: November 24, 2008, 05:02:29 PM »
I think you'll net in many more consumers or mass if you just get the demo more flashy, action-packed, and using more of Blizz-ABS's features without trying to make it too XAS-flashy.

Impressive Blizzard, 8 hours...I heard how Blizz-ABS is great scripting compared to other scripts, and I can easily see that.

You know, this whole debate kind of reminds me of the difficulty of using a language...like some uber hard one compared to...I don't know, Ruby. Why use the uber hard one when there's the easy one you can use and master? If the harder one has more features, then there is a reason to use it, but the harder-to-use one doesn't, so naturally the human should use the easier one. This is exactly what XAS and Blizz-ABS is. Just decide which is which. :)

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

Offline computerwizoo7

• Ethereal Devastator
  • The Wiz Kid
    • View Profile
    • Big Dreamers
« Reply #110 on: November 25, 2008, 03:23:00 AM »
i can see that i can't win here because I'm in your territory.
so i will just end it here and continue to work behind the scenes to complete Rising Legend even though it won't be done for now, like 1 year or so!
game dev sucks big time.  >:(

---Just Do It---

Offline Diokatsu

• Wind God
  • Lexima Warrior
  • LV: 52
  • Fuck yes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: November 25, 2008, 03:33:29 AM »
Starrod:

Easier doesn't mean better. It all depends on the purpose. Ruby is bad for somethings and isn't as fast as other languages

CPW7: It sucks because you can't take the heat. Go on your merry way and make a game by yourself and good luck! You can have all that glory and we won't have to deal with you! Win-win!

Offline Aqua

• Lexima Warrior
  • Quack!
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: November 25, 2008, 03:35:37 AM »
...This proves to me that you aren't reading the other people's arguments...
And that you're a bad debator.

We have not been totally biased for Blizz-ABS that XAS doesn't stand a chance; you just don't provide good arguments with PROOF for XAS and don't refute the Blizz-ABS arguments.

All I'm getting from you is that XAS has good graphics, but any system can have good graphics... >.>

Offline computerwizoo7

• Ethereal Devastator
  • The Wiz Kid
    • View Profile
    • Big Dreamers
« Reply #113 on: November 25, 2008, 04:07:15 AM »
those recent posts got me fired up again!!!
i don't give up that easily! i was actually waiting for blizz to reply but what the heck!
here i go:

Hero Editon 3.0

-> Final Attack System
-> Counter System
-> Advanced Status System.(+ 20 New States)
   ( Reflect / Re-life / Invicible / DeathCount / FAST
     Slow / Stop / Confuse / Seal / Regen / Poison /
     Sleep / Poison SP / Etc...)
-> Advanced Damage System.
   ( Drain HP-SP / Damage SP / Level Damage/ Gold Damage/
     Rang Effect / Steal / Fixed Damage / Etc... )
-> Shield System.
-> Enemy Attack Effects.
   ( Drain HP-SP / Add States / Blow Power )
-> Advanced Item Effects(Field).
-> Collapse Zoom System.
-> Hit Effect system.
-> Advanced Enemy Action System.
   (EXP->   shoot(X) / rand_shoot(X,X,X,X,X) )
   (+ 40 New Commands to customize your enemys)
   (Action based on HP/LV/Switch/Percentage ,Random Attack,
    Escape, Reaction , auto states, etc...)
-> Multiple Treasure System. (0..5)
-> Auto Animation Command.
-> Damage Limit.
-> Custom speed moviment. (0..10)
-> Improved Collapse Animation.
-> Improved Multhits System.
-> Improved Charge System.   
-> Etc.

haha!

the combo system is one of the new features and can do whatever you want with your weapon from waves to blasts.

this one is better than the one in blizz abs.

and look at the style and elegance!

Offline scoace13

• Ethereal Devastator
  • LV: 8
  • see sig.
    • View Profile
    • The new Forums:Highway Production's Game Development Community
« Reply #114 on: November 25, 2008, 04:34:45 AM »
k....so good graphics bad script.....yeah............some how... im not seeing why u even bother CPW7........u would have more luck selling hores dung...than XAS.....but thats just a personal opinion........that said.......i sugest.......nvm i wont sugest anything....................actually i will....just give up........u wont win.....and XAS is nowhere near a good script i mean...........yeah.....im out....nice fetures thuogh....but im positive i saw most if not all of thoes in blizz abs...like the origional one...........aka 1.0 maybe even 0.0.......which is waht i'd gie XAS on a 1 to 100000000 scale for coding.....and orginization......
« Last Edit: November 25, 2008, 04:37:01 AM by scoace13 »
scoace13, Eventman extrodnaire...so anybody seen any good movies recently <br />...whys is this here..........random fate...same reason im here...

Offline computerwizoo7

• Ethereal Devastator
  • The Wiz Kid
    • View Profile
    • Big Dreamers
« Reply #115 on: November 25, 2008, 04:42:18 AM »
you bastards! the coding is alright!
when translated that is!
lets see what you bitches have to say now!

Offline Aqua

• Lexima Warrior
  • Quack!
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: November 25, 2008, 05:09:42 AM »
Cpw... did you not read this post about the "special-ness" of XAS 3.0?
I'm sorry, but Blizz-ABS is way more flashy than XAS.  Not-laggy stuff always looks better, and they have the same graphics.  Plus, Blizz-ABS actually has useful capabilities, unlike XAS where you have to do pretty much everything yourself.  these are the "new" things in 3.2, with my comments in parenthesis:

(click to show/hide)

Basically, all that was added was a bunch of pointless junk, stuff that BABS and ToA already had, 2 new useful things, and a shitload of stuff that you could have done better yourself.  And don't forget that everything is split up by enemy/actor/other and then repeated in multiple different areas.

Did you not see that Blizz-ABS 2.X will come out with a combo system?

Also, did you not read and even partially understand why the coding for XAS isn't "good" through the many posts in here that stated that?

And did you not read my post about...
All I'm getting from you is that XAS has good graphics, but any system can have good graphics... >.>
?

Offline Starrodkirby86

• Kirby de Varita Estelar
  • Guardian of Chaos
  • LV: 194
  • ~!
    • View Profile
    • The Archive of Starrodkirby86
« Reply #117 on: November 25, 2008, 06:24:05 AM »
you bastards! the coding is alright!
when translated that is!
lets see what you bitches have to say now!
Yeah, I'm getting the feelings this can escalate if you get more pissed off. You'll calm down right, man? If you don't, this thread will be locked as mentioned before. Sure Blizzard did something bad and said you failed so badly, but pass that off. Don't keep on flaming. This is just a mere warning.

@Diokatsu: I couldn't think of a good example off the top of my head so I just picked Ruby. It was the morning. The freakin' morning. Anyway, if you were given the choices of doing the same feature the hard way or the easy way, naturally one's going to choose the easy way. But I'm saying you can do the hard way or people would choose the hard way more often if there's a better feature for that than the easy way (Maybe something that makes it superior).

Wiz, many hardcore RPG players or ones that are average would want to play that. The casual consumer or a simpleton wouldn't prefer that because of its complexity. There's simply too much going on. I assume it would lag really badly on slower computers or ones that have lots of resources already used.

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

Offline Fantasist

• Lexima Warrior
  • LV: 146
    • View Profile
    • Blog
« Reply #118 on: November 25, 2008, 06:35:32 AM »
or people would choose the hard way more often if there's a better feature for that than the easy way (Maybe something that makes it superior).
I think Dio meant that effeciency is one of those superior factors but then, you got it from the top of your head. We all got the point anywa so I'll stop ^_^'
Do you like ambient/electronic music? Then you should promote a talented artist! Help out here. (I'm serious. Just listen to his work at least!)

The best of freeware reviews: Gizmo's Freeware Reviews

Offline Blizzard

• This sexy
  • Administrator
  • has over 9000 posts
  • Magic midgets.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: November 25, 2008, 02:46:44 PM »
cw7, it has nothing to do with "my territory". I even said myself that I want more people here who use XAS to tell me about it and it's advantages. You are simply not giving any valid arguments. You just post a sentence or and expect to be taken serious? You're so naive. Instead of giving even more arguments why Blizz-ABS is better I will give you my posts from before first. READ THEM for a change. When you read them and responded to them in a mature manner like the other people who favorized XAS, I will consider continue talking to you, because you are the only person that is not contributing in any manner to this topic. Instead you are simply flaming.

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

And this post here is the absolute proof:

(click to show/hide)

You are not reading the topic, because you would have seen this post here:

I'm sorry, but Blizz-ABS is way more flashy than XAS.  Not-laggy stuff always looks better, and they have the same graphics.  Plus, Blizz-ABS actually has useful capabilities, unlike XAS where you have to do pretty much everything yourself.  these are the "new" things in 3.2, with my comments in parenthesis:

(click to show/hide)

And you didn't read my comment on that:

"Shield System" of "Defend function" is available since Blizz-ABS v0.9. :xD:
And "Multiple Treasure system" (0..5 ONLY!) or "Item drops" + "Tons of Add-ons Multi-Drop" (UNLIMITED!) is also available in Blizz-ABS since quite some time. It pretty much was after I release the first version of Blizz-ABS after I added Multi-Drop to Tons. And that version was 1.7 which came out more than a year ago (13.11.2007). Yes, Blizz-ABS has been supporting multiple drops for over a year now.

I don't even mention most of the stuff that Blizz-ABS supports. I think I could update the "features" list and add actually everything that Blizz-ABS supports which will result in 3 more pages of features.
It's not so much pointless junk, it's more stuff that Tons of Add-ons has been having for many months already. It's true, Blizz-ABS doesn't support that stuff natively. But why make it do? It will just complicate things especially since it can use Tons' stuff as plugin. :P Face it, Blizz-ABS already has a bunch of custom plugins which is Tons and my other scripts. Does XAS support CRLS? No. Does it support Custom Stats Growing System? No. Does it support Stat Distribution System? No. Does it support RO Skill/Job System? No.
Massive fail for XAS IMO.

Alright, due to popular demand, I will pause CP Beta for a while and finish Blizz-ABS 2. Does XAS support ally AI? No. Fail. cw7, your favorite XAS is losing.

I basically owned your post before you even posted it.

But tell you what. I will put together a full feature list for Blizz-ABS and you do that same for XAS. I will even provide code examples why Blizz-ABS is better.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2008, 02:57:19 PM by Blizzard »

Drinking Game on Steam